Shoes

I’ve got three pairs of Karhu Fusion 2.O. They’re super comfy. I’d happily buy another three pairs.

1 Like

Yeah I have literally had one pair so might have got unlucky. They seem ok but I wouldn’t say they are Nike or NB quality.

You can see here on the toe the stitching just came undone. They’re filthy cos they’re my garden/car washing shoes now!

Ok after seeing how much you’ve thrashed those I’m not worried. The most action my feet see is a light walk and putting my foot down in the car.

1 Like

You still honking your horn like an idiot?

1 Like

Honking my horn?

When you drive, you said you were on it constantly, like 20 times in one trip.
Just always sat in my head because I’ve used my horn once in like 4 years.

Oh, I use it a bit but chilled out on it.

Is it maybe a london thing to honk a lot like you’re in Rome? If you honk your horn in Yorkshire you’re essentially offering to pull over and have a square go with the other driver.

Whereas weirdly I feel like I could shit on the floor of a crowded tube carriage and no one would blink or say anything

4 Likes

There’s a lot of Brian’s here.

If someone honks their horn here, it means someone you know is driving past and saying hello.

1 Like

Absolutely gopping

2 Likes

The really fucking dumb thing about this Adidas re-release of their late 90s skate shoes is they were absolutely ugly as sin back then and nobody ever bought them, and guess what? They’re still ugly now, FFS.

They didn’t seem to properly run a skate program back then, having a fairly low profile team of Matt Beach, Lance Mountain, Paulo Diaz and Quim Cardona - even having Gonz on their did nothing for their profile - and even though some skaters would occasionally wear shelltoes, by and large, Adidas wasn’t in skating at all unlike after their 2007 reboot. They look like Northwave snowboard shoes which were briefly popular for a winter in 1996 and looked like people were wearing hovercrafts on their feet.

I like the zig zag. You could really pretend your feet are crocodiles in them.

1 Like

OG Shelltoes…. Fractured one side of my foot in one pair and sprained my ankle in another. The tallish and stiff sole just tipped my foot into oblivion. Wear well though and a bargain at £9.99 even if you did risk getting a kicking being seen in them :sweat_smile:

Love/hate relationship with shells myself!

1 Like

I wish Adidas would just make more pairs of the Aloha super.

or the original Gonz shoe, so I can pretend it’s 1999 again.

1 Like

God those northwaves were on feet of those cruiser/longboard clones of Simon peg’s spaced era with peroxide blonde spikey waxed hair.
I remember they were still in the skate shop when i started working there in 98 and sure they were bargain bucket for ages after .

Rank

3 Likes

Those adidas remind me of when gonz was on years ago.

Kind of cool.

Yeah shelltoes fucked my ankles too. Narrow, tall, sharp-edged sole…the holy trinity of tippy ankle-folding horror.

3 Likes

Theres a photo of Gonz doing a fs wallride at the brooklyn banks with the clumpiest looking adidas on. Might be in the made for skate book but fuck me they were massive

:fire::fire::fire:

7 Likes