Shoes

Got some footprint insoles and really like them. Wore them at my cleaning job and they really make a difference. Will probably get another pair. Cheers to the people here who recommended them. I got the kingfoam flat ones as I have a high arch. Just back from a skate and I’m not as tired as normal after skating 2.5 hours.

4 Likes

I don’t suppose you’ve got any inside scoop on when the Spanky G6 hi/mid will be available? He’s been teasing them pretty regularly on insta.

1 Like

I’m guessing fall 23.

1 Like

Apparently it’s time for another short lived Nike team model

3 Likes

They look nice, but wish they didn’t have the little tick on the toe box - it ruins what would be a nice shoe.

1 Like

seeing the Rap midtop pic up there, i have burning Etnies questions:
were the SLB beloved red Raps ever available to the public?
and has anyone ever explained the origin of the name Etnies?

The company was originally called Etnics. I remember seeing shoes in a mag some time before the Natas pro model came out and they were branded Etnics. When the Natas shoe came out the company had become Etnies. I think there turned out to be another company already going that was named Etnics and so they had to change the name for legal reasons.

3 Likes

thank you!
the only way is Ethics…

1 Like

All red, all blue and all black were, yeah. No SLB branding tho.

I’m sure Pierre has, right? Etnics > etnies…
Didn’t he ride for etnics and then setup distribution from the US…and then when they decided to close, he started Etnies as he couldn’t just use their name. Or something.

1 Like

ah, you’re good. i never saw the red ones. strange how iconic his red shoe footage in Questionable is.

see also: Busenitz after adopting the red Gazelles
…hmm, maybe im more into Wizard of Oz than i realised

2 Likes

That realisation happens to us all at some point.

1 Like

haha!

(post count)

1 Like

There’s more coming from Nike too someone’s third model

“So, the original owners of etnies were this French company called Rautureau, which was this big fashion conglomerate. Runway fashion, all the crazy shit. The guy’s son skated, and he—the main guy, Yvon—would always look at skating as this super creative, energetic thing that wasn’t a sport but it was an art. A culture all by itself. He saw that skateboarders would travel around in groups, so that’s where Etnics—the original name—came from, like ‘ethnic tribe’. But Etonic saw the name and sent us a cease and desist because it was too close to their word, so it got changed to etnies.”

5 Likes

Maybe it was too close to Etonic?
64e52be9d9189c6cf3bdbb9abf1d24bb

1 Like

"But Etonic saw the name and sent us a cease and desist "

4 Likes

sorry, didn’t read your post :joy:

4 Likes

Following on from Kareem leaving axion they’ve since deleted all their Instagram posts. How long before they implode like previous reboots

Give it a week.

1 Like

nice one @anon28148673 and @buildafire

1 Like