Shoes

I’m shopping around at the moment, looking for shoes that stand up to abuse. I have one pair on Vans Ultrarange Pro, one pair of those Adidas with the weird shoe-goo detailing, and one pair of New Balance on the go. The uppers of the Vans are good, but the rubber is beginning beginning to come away at the toe from doing knee slides. The Adidas feel very soft and comfortable which makes me worry about their durability, but the suede hasn’t worn through yet. It’s too soon to tell yet about the NBs

If you’re skating ramp then you might be interested in a shoe designed for that very thing.
Lakai made a Tony Hawk model that took that knee slide factor into account.
It doesn’t look half as bad as you might imagine either.

Thanks! I might give them a go

Long gone are the days of ramp-oriented shoes. Don’t know if any other brand do one? Vans probably best bet

If I had that many shoes on rotation I wouldn’t give a fuck what died and when. It’s a skate shoe they will all die.

1 Like

Surely no skate shoes die if you have shoe-goo :laughing:

1 Like

I go through 1 pair a year. But then again have only skated 3 times in last 6 months :grimacing:

Es Swift. That is the answer to all skate shoe questions right now.

That’s exactly what I’m riding, really really good shoe

1 Like

I had the first version and they were probably the best shoe I’ve ever skated. The 1.5’s look slightly too bulky for me.
The Emerica dissent looked like the swift but with an emerica logo on it but I haven’t tried them yet.

+1 for v1! Had a white pair last summer (black laces FTW), onto a black pair now. I’d been skating various pairs of Etnies Highlites for several years, which for me are the most underrated skate shoe, so Swifts seemed similar.

The Dissent is effectively the Etnies Marana with an Emerica logo. Not a fan of the Marana - it ticks a lot of boxes design-wise for me, but is a little too chunky and inflexible.

I’ve yet to get a pair of the Swift 1.5, hoping they’re not too heavy by comparison.

Look at these absolute fucking stinkers https://straye.com/collections/delivery-3/products/ventura-like-1999

“These comfy slippy-slips are the best thing that happened to skating, dating and less hating.”

Thought it was an April Fool but saw a few on insta before

“Other brands can’t say this, they’ll just charge you $20 more for comfort LOL?!”

That write up, oh dear. They look like you can’t afford real shoes, so have to pretend. Also look like these.

“The best thing that happened to skating” is Mark Gonzales, not some Primark-level bullshit footwear.

1 Like

Could you please reorganise these by swish size? Assuming this is your own picture?

You just don’t get it.

“Dating”… Imagine wearing those on a date, holy fuck. You’d look poor AND stupid.

Which would you be more likely to get laid wearing? OG Circa Muskas or slip ons?

Don’t think anyone apart from Muska ever got laid wearing those things. Smoliks on the other hand…