Shoes

FS flips, Carl Shipman!

Fs flips = Sarmiento

Time for a poll.

Facepalm…

How times have changed.

Pretty shocked by that. Thought they might get the exclusive on some wack colour, but this? Weak.

2 Likes

I want those white and black ones, don’t really care who sells them myself.

1 Like

I still have a pair of the all black ones from the first time around.

Footlocker or Schuh would have been moderately understandable, but JD Sports? Why

JD have probably impressed Vans with the amount of pairs of black Jazz they’re been selling lately.

I got this message from a friend who works for vans Europe when I asked about them .
“It’s a classic shoe not a pro skate model. Same thing Vans does with the half cab. There’s a Half Cab Pro which has all the tech and is Skate Shops only and we’re doing the same with the Rowley.”

So one of Vans’ most liked and most iconic skate silhouettes of recent times has been reissued as a non-skate version?

“Hey, they’ll hurt your feet if you skate in them, but they’re great for fingering a girl outside the chippy on a Friday night, or for wandering aimlessly around the shopping centre!”

4 Likes

Would you buy a skateboard from JD sports?

When I was in ikea earlier in the year, I was so bored I counted how many people had vans old skools on, total was 56. I wonder how many pairs JD pump out a month?

3 Likes

Probably not! It’s not somewhere I’d look to shop as a general rule but it doesn’t make much difference to me either, there’s Nike SB’s and adidas skate models in there so I’m not sure quite what the outrage over this would be for. Vans are just another big company albeit with more of a skate heritage.

The exclusivity is the issue, there’s not even the option to support a skate shop if you want those shoes, they’re exclusive to JD! Old Skools are on everyones feet, but if you want a pair of Crockett’s you have the option to go to a skate shop.
I’d love a pair of those black Rowleys but like fuck I’m shopping in JD…

1 Like

JD group innit, same as Size?, Footpatrol etc so they’ve had plenty of ‘exclusive’ Vans already. It’s just a matter of adding them to a different dropdown menu on the website for someone at JD HQ, and bang! the brand is weakened af

JD sports have exclusive Vans Rowleys, and skate shops have exclusive Nike’s…

Would be interested to see how many they sell because they probably asked for an exclusive off the back of Old Skool sales and are expecting to shift loads, whereas Rowleys were very much a skaters shoe, can’t see they have the crossover appeal of a Janoski for instance.

I think it might be down to Rowley’s not really selling in skate shops when they re-released them before, they weren’t out very long the last time if memory serves.