Shoes

Did anybody feel that shoes by a board company couldn’t really be any good?
Did it feel like a gimmick in an area where you can ill afford to pay for a shoe from a company that seemed to have good reputations for anything they made but shoes were just a step into the unknown?
From my point of view it didn’t seem to be taken quite seriously enough at a time when there were plenty of already reputable skate shoe companies.
The intention was probably good, the shoes might even have been good, but it felt as though they were stepping into an area that seemed like a money spinner rather than trying to build a legit shoe Co.

Yeah, that’s how I felt too.

I once had those éS Danny Garcia shoes that were a éS X Habitat collab thing. A mate who had quit skating saw me rocking them and asked me if those were Habitat shoes, which sounded fucking mad to me. Then a year or two later Habitat shoes were on the market.

2 Likes

I had some of these and they were amazing!

They were sick had some too!

i know this is a safe space to be open and honest but there is a limit.

13 Likes

Yeah, I had 2 or 3 pairs and they were well good.

I’m skating in the Lakai Riley Hawk 2, they’re nice to skate in. They’re basically slippers though so got to make sure they fit snuggly. I recommend them if you can try them on first.

Not sure about Polar skate shoes, remains to be seen I guess. I’ve got a Polar board (hence my name) and I love it, got nice pop and for a wide board it’s not too long.

Fnar

These look alright

Teddy Boy soles on those.

Man that gold branding on the side ruins them.

Tried some on earlier and super tempted to get em, they’re well wide and flat which I kinda like, sole is canny chunky too.

It’s pretty necessary though. How are people going to know it’s adidas shoes? Those three stripes are barely visible.

1 Like

Wouldn’t be the first time I’ve broken out the spray paint!

Yeah, nothing a fabric Sharpie can’t sort. Warming to the blucher, it’s like a Superstar version of an adi-ease, which look pretty shit as they are.

1 Like

Hmm, I’ve just seen these are out:

Pretty sure I’ll have to snap them up.

hahaha yeah fair. i think this was around the same time i got 3 element boards from getting a last post on here so i was in full kit

tbf the shoes were the most generic black skate shoe i’ve ever seen, without the logo on the tongue they could’ve been anything

1 Like

More colours to come too. Interesting doing the most obvious one first, rather than making people buy the others.

Pretty nice looking shoe that, I think I’d have to see it in the flesh first but I’m glad they’re not extracting the Michael with the price.

2 Likes

Like the look of those too. May investigate.