Silvas on Primitive

1 Like

Dirty jeans tho

Donā€™t get how they are selling enough boards to be paying this team

3 Likes

I hate this dudes forced style and he really doesnā€™t fit *alongside Tiago, Wade, JB and Prod.

3 Likes

youā€™ve just named four people that are completely different from each other

So?

My point was that they all have great natural styles.

Miles Silvas does not.

I imagine that they have somehow nailed having a big team by having very similar graphics for all pros, which cuts costs on production/manufacture and then selling the specific pro boards into the right markets. eg. I doubt Iā€™ll ever see a Spencer Hamilton pro board in Melbourne, but youā€™d be falling over them in Vancouver etc.

Donā€™t see how having similar graphics will make anything cheaper. That standard pro graphic is very recognisable though

He used to fake the funk even more. Heā€™ll never get a pass from me either.

Iā€™m really not sure it is that fakeā€¦

Check the kid footage - all the current elements seem to be there.

Primitiveā€™s mailorder subscription program is a really interesting idea.

Might explain why you see so few boards in skateshops. I wouldnā€™t stock them, knowing theyā€™re running a direct program which would undercut me, but it is interesting.

https://theprimitivereserve.com/

1 Like

Thatā€™s a really interesting concept, a deck, wheels and tee every month for 75 bucks sounds like a good deal. I suppose it would be ideal for an absolutely fanatical teenager whoā€™s relatively well off and just below shop-flow ability.

Miles Silvas is mind blowing. Yeah it looks too easy for him, but heā€™s a perfect fit on the Primitive team.

I thought that, and then what if you split it with a friend? $37.50 a month and get a board with grip, wheels and a t-shirt every two months. Kinda seems more affordable then.

They just had those Ā£80(?) Dragon Ball Z boards in shops.

Imagine being Koston? P-Rod was seen as his little prodigy BITD but he soon got out of his shadow (leaving Girl and eS), getting his (Kostonā€™s) dream move to Nike in 2005 and is now stealing his team, oof.

I didnā€™t know he has/had a Target sponsorship deal?

1 Like

Also that ā€˜Mysteryā€™ Primitive box thatā€™s obviously going to be all the purple t shirts and other shit that didnā€™t sell from last season.

2 Likes

I think maybe they do ok on soft goods, where the mark up is so much better, if you think Primitive was P Rodā€™s shop, then it was clothing, then it became hardware, itā€™s grown slowly in comparison to just making boards and expecting money to roll in. You see the same comments from US skaters ā€œI never see anyone with Primitive boardsā€ but itā€™s the same as Element, itā€™s the brand that kids love so itā€™s the skaters we donā€™t see.

Primitiveā€™s team is nuts. The demoā€™s they did in that euro edit were top drawer and reminded me of girl/choc demoā€™s from the early-mid noughties.

Numbers is very dry, done very minimal considering the people involved. It always blows me away how little they used Kyronā€™s link with Atlantic Drift. Barely mentioned it if at all on there instagram account. Eric and Guy should focus the brand and go back to Girl. The other riders would all find good homes iā€™m sure!

1 Like

The Mystery Box is definitely the pikey option. I bet thereā€™s a few yellow and purple t-shirts in there.

1 Like

Numbers is done I thought?