SOTY 2019

theres been consistent footage all year from suciu.
on that basis he should get it, if thats your thing.

1. Suciu
  2. Tiago
  3. Milton
3 Likes

would prefer tiago but happy with him or milton

Not going to win it because he’s not NorCal, but definitely one of the skaters of the year: Frankie Villani.

2 Likes

You’ve misread me there, I said hes not going to win because he’s not Norcal, but that’s a double negative so my fault… Thrasher would obviously favour someone from the SF area.

Tiago has been consistently killing it for ages with a fair amount of footage coming out. i feel he deserves it more than Milton’s flash-in-a-pan and to a lesser extent Suciu who isn’t exactly the most prolific either

How many SF-area dudes in the last ten years? One? Two?

that was one part but felt like a bit of a lifetime award too.

Kyle Walker won it from 1 handrail.

1 Like

Maybe “from” is the wrong wording, “affiliated” however:

Silas Baxter-Neal - Spitfire/Krux
Chris Cole -Spitfire/Thunder
Leo Romero - Independent/ was on Spitfire at the time?
Grant Taylor - Anti hero/Independent/Spitfire
David Gonzalez - Independent
Ishod Wair - Real/Thunder/Spitfire
Wes Kremer - Independent
Anthony Van Engelen - Independent/Spitfire
Kyle Walker - Real/Thunder/Spitfire
Jamie Foy - Thunder/Spitfire
Tyshawn Jones - Thunder/Spitfire

All on SF brands…
9 on Spitfire…
All on Norcal truck brands…

Milton has a pro Indy truck, he’s shoe in.

2 Likes

Every skater has a sponsor related to SF unless they’re a complete shit cunt.

4 Likes

I bet if I cared enough to look at the Street League top ten a few wouldn’t have SF sponsors.

So yeah, you’re right.

I suppose a good comparison would be David Gonzalez who has struggled to top the part from when he won it (2012?).

This will probably be the peak of Milton’s career, and there’s a bittersweet dimension to that for sure, but can’t we revel in this moment. He fucking killed it, building on those little glimpses of extreme gnarlyness he’d given us in the past (like the lipslide Spanky posted). He really fucking went for it and survived. SOTY no doubt.

He also has the best footage from this Thrasher trip from earlier in the year:

I’ve been wanting Milton to win for the last 2 years ( especially with that gap to board on KOTR) but knew he wasn’t quite there, but boy has he fucking knocked it out the park especially with Tiago and suciu being strong as hell.

He’s one of the best right now.

Having watched the Milton part the other day, it seems like the sort of part in every way that would secure a Thrasher prize such as SOTY.
It’s typical Thrasher stuff through and through.
Neither Suciu or Tiago strike me as full on Thrasher image wise.
Snap all three of them, like a stick of rock, look in the centre and it’s Milton who is most likely to have the word Thrasher all the way through the middle.

I was thinking about this just now.

TJ won is last year based on one part.

I’m pretty sure Evan Smith won last year but sacked it off for whatever reason

It kind of what everyone says that Evan Smith won but didn’t want it. Wouldn’t it feel strange then getting it, knowing it wasn’t really you?

They’re up

1 Like