SOTY 2023

Who’s got it?

Cool website that breaks down everything a skater has put out through the year and only shows their clips from the videos: https://skatefol.io/

Standouts to me are Yuto, Cyrus & Mason. Obviously I’d love Knox to win it but not sure if he’s done enough compared to the others.

1 Like

People in the running who will get on the long-list but won’t get it: Rob Pace, Leo Romero, John Shanahanahan, Curren Caples, Dick Rizzo, Ryassa Leal, Austyn Gillette.

People in the actual running: Miles Silvas, Jack O’Grady, Tom Knox, Yuto, maybe Cyrus.

Won’t get it but should .
T j

4 Likes

Thrasher cover for a start and a pro shoe edit, plus Atlantic Drift (anything I’m forgetting with Krooked?). Another edit and he’d definitely be in the mix.

2 Likes

There was the Dickies in Paris edit as well.

All depends if he gets this part finished in time. In the recent Slam interview it sounded like they were doing it to a deadline.

2 Likes

Oh yeah for sure. He’s deffo put stuff out including a couple of parts but personally I don’t think it has been at the normal level we’ve come to expect from Knox.

1 Like

Knox or TJ for me. Thanks!

1 Like

Could the same be said for Yuto? What’s he put out this year, one full part, clips in the April vid and then that other thing that came out the other day (which I haven’t watched). Has he had a cover as well?

Compared to Mason’s year, or Nyjah last year for example, I’d be expecting another full part from him, given the level he’s at.

Knox, TJ or Yuto

Pedro Delfino has some bonkers part dropping on Dec 1st apparently. He’s pretty ‘Thrasher’……

2 Likes

Had this email this morning heh!

2 Likes

i’d be stoked if Pedro won it just for that London visit with his vlogs.

TJ or Knox if it was up to me.

can’t believe Leo has never won it.

O’Grady for that mad crooks too

2 Likes

Didn’t he win it? 2009 or 2010?

3 Likes

2010! And what’s mad is that he could arguably still be in the conversation this many years later

2 Likes

Has TJ had a cover?

Covers:

Funa
Nick Matthews
Emile
Austyn
Tyshawn
Antonio Durao
Some random dude called Nico
Jack O’Grady
Shanahan
Nora
Miles
Knox

2 Likes

It’s Antonio Durao for me this year. Opening his section with a switch tre noseblunt down a handrail was enough.

But Pedro would be sick too. Love him.

Plus multiple big contest wins casually doing NBD’s that no one comes close to while acting like he’d rather be somewhere else. I really appreciated his insouciance in that environment. All the stuff you said plus the contest stuff and one more part and no one has come close.

I would love Tom Knox to win, I seriously feel like he doesn’t need it or is above it. He would be who i would like to win don’t get me wrong but I’m saying who I think will actually win, not my personal opinion.

How is no one mentioning Dylan Jaeb yet?

Regarding Yuto, I really don’t think Thrasher are paying attention to any contest shit that isn’t ‘Bust or Bail’

2 Likes

Oh no shit, goes to show how much attention I pay :joy::joy::joy: