Stoked!

Refusing to comply with the ol’ landscape orientation too I see.

In Meldrew mode I’m with you on this one, but this has (briefly) crossed my mind lately.

I like to take snaps on my phone to document ‘stuff’ for personal use / show & tells on Insta etc, and mostly go landscape. However, Instagram Stories are portrait and I don’t want a big border top and bottom.

It is best to take one in each orientation?
Take a wide picture and crop accordingly?

Answers on a postcard. :grinning::grinning::man_shrugging:

One for Pointless Topics really.

I am struggling with this one too - landscape if you think the image/footage might be wanted on a widescreen, but if it’s insta/snap/twitter etc - its portrait.

Confused by that second one? Wouldn’t you just roll out into water?

Yeah, or depending upon whether or not the thing you’re taking a photo of is long or tall. Spot 1 and Spot 2 here are both long - I’d rather see the whole barrier/rail and see the run up and run out than all the extra road/sky, but yeah of course, if these are for Insta stories it’s better to fill the screen I guess. Any video filmed in portrait and uploaded to YouTube is inexcusable though.

1 Like

+1.

2 Likes

Skating tonight! Which is not unusual for a friday night but I need it this week. Want to learn a new trick (miniramp) but no idea what yet.

frontside noseblunt

Stand up grind

I KNEW that would come up ha! not sure i’m ready for that yet, I still have not gotten my balls back to pop a blunt straight back in again. Been far too many years. I will though at some point, just have to do it.

I was thinking bs nosepick, nollie in, without the grab. Would that be a newdeal nollie in?

Been getting the odd decent one recently, just have to remember to go for them as a rail and not on the platform.

Are you coming tonight?

precisely that, for phone stuff ie insta stories i’ll do portrait but if i’m just out and about taking flicks of whatever i’ll go landscape, and never stick portrait on youtube.

@Haven_Hamilton_Official had to get a homie to stand at the end of the roll away and catch me as the floor on the landing was that fucked it just sticks as soon as you hit, got a tail drop off the rail into but kinda wanna take some ply down or something to get a legit roll away on it from a noseblunt yank in.

1 Like

I see, yeah noseblunt yank in would be sick

1 Like

My dog had surgery at the beginning of the year and I’ve not really wanted to go back to the vets as I assumed I still owed them money.

Anyway, had to go today as the pooch as a bit of a skin condition and turns out the vets actually owed me £400 as I’d overpaid. Stoked!

4 Likes

2 Likes

I just watched various bits from early 411s because of a new thread about 411 over at Slap.

In issue 13, which came out in 1995, Chany has one of the openers and Penny has one too. Watching that again reminded me of how I looked up to them back then. I was totally fascinated by their skating, couldn’t believe guys from places like my motherland or England were killing in the States where everything was. Openers in 411 were a big deal back then. I wanted to dress like them, skate like them.

Last Saturday, Penny was at South Bank.
2 weeks before that, Chany was at a comp I judged here in Switzerland.
They both took it easy, cruised around, did tricks I can do, nothing crazy but the way they did that will keep on inspiring me for many years.
So glad some of my childhood heroes keep on inspiring me, differently. It makes equally stoked on being where I am and on feeling forever young.
Thank you skateboarding!

#semidrunkmightdeletelater

10 Likes

I’d hype that appreciation heart thing more if I could.
#dontdelete

1 Like

:heart::heart::heart::blush: