Stoked!

Fucking hell, thinking about it, there’s loads of similarities:

The top dogs hang out with, and climb with the shit climbers.
You quite often find yourself doing it on your own.
Outside is loads better than indoors.
Every so often you fluke something out of your league.
You can find yourself trying the same thing over and over again until you get lucky.
It fucking hurts when you get it wrong.

In fact if anyone wants to go for a climb one evening/weekend give me a shout. In Sheffield and head out to The Peak a couple of evenings a week, and further afield on weekends.

2 Likes

Definitely one of the things I love about both, it’s generally pretty easy to mix someone really good with a complete beginner and still both have a really good time. That’s a lot harder with something like MTB.

Where do you climb in the Peak? I’ve not been outdoors in ages, climbed at Burbage a few times, never at Stanage weirdly. And done the odd bit of bouldering on the Moors too. Mainly tend to be on the bike or walking if I’m out that way.

All over to be honest. Where ever its dry lol.
Indoors I tend to climb at The Depot.

There’s the rub eh :wink:

I may well try and join you some time in the new year if I have time (in Hull but used to ride the Dark Peak all the time)

That’s when you know someone’s legit when it’s peak and not peaks.
Hopefully they’ll be some dry days before the end of the year to get some trad in up Stanage.

Have you lads ever climbed at High Tor? Can’t wait to get back on those once it’s warm enough to climb limestone.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve climbed at High Tor a fair bit. Pretty intimidating crag but handy for an after climb ice cream haha.

1 Like

Learned half cab crooks yesterday and I was pretty hyped, considering after I almost blew out my knee I was proper pussying out on them. Still need to get kicky front noseslides which is on my current list of tricks-one-has-to-do, but I suck at flipping into stuff so I just need to figure out the whole making sure I’m not too close and popping loads.

Kinda funny how I’ve only recently been pushing myself more, more than I did as a teenager whereas I used to just do the same tricks over and over most of the day (I’m 26 now, so not mega old…but it’s just a funny realisation). It’s stoked me out knowing I can get shit done if I put my mind to it, but it’s stoked me out more getting confidence back on ledge tricks after almost blowing my knee out two years ago.

Plus one of the ledges in the park that’s out of the way has a new bit of angle iron fitted and it’s 10x better to skate.

Sorry for overly long stoke related posted.

7 Likes

Me too.

Half cab crooks are awkward and not as easy and they should be.

4 Likes

Tell me about it. I learnt them one day about 350 years ago but don’t think I’ve done one since. I give them a go every once in a while but they are really awkward. Much harder than frontside nollie switch K for me.

2 Likes

I always find I forget to actually do that little nollie shift thing you do out of crooks, you know what I mean? I’m so invested in making sure I’m leaning properly into them I just flop out and don’t land half of the time when I was doing them.

I think I am overthinking stuff when I am trying to flip into slides/grinds, that’s my problem.

Half of these things you need to think about popping out before popping in haha.

These cunts talking about hard tricks.

Got a new coat.

2 Likes

You guys were talking about nollie switch k like 1.5 years ago and I never gave it a proper due, I really should

2 Likes

Do yourself a favor and learn them, they feel really good!

I really dislike half cab crooks so I guess it’s worth a shot

Is it a puffa puffa jacket?

2 Likes

What’s wrong with them? They’re dope!

I can’t stop the spinning momentum from carrying me around. Same as half cab manuals/nose manny, unless I under rotate I just keep spinning!

I see. Half cab crooks should be easier to lock in as you rotate less before getting into the grind and you can kinda sit on a crooks how you want to unlike a nosewheelie which you have to balance perfectly. Half cab nosewheelies are so hard.
I actually wanted to learn frontside nollie to fakie wheelie (the mirrored version of a half cab nosewheelie) for your TOTW challenge this morning but the pad at the park was wetter than the Channel and there were puddles around it. Next time.

Would love to have front nollie switch crooks, one of the best looking tricks imo
Half cab crook is just all about a phat solid halfcab.
Would swap for nollie any day

4 Likes