Stoked!

What’s it about?

1250 tweets.

1 Like

Finally got the hallway decorated, I spent about solid fortnight scraping away ronseal outdoor varnish from every bit of woodwork, its awful stuff.

Getting the stairs carpeted at the weekend, just need wax the doors and clean up the floorboards, we’ll eventually put some parquet flooring down but that’ll have to wait.

8 Likes

Good work. I like that jazzy wallpaper. I had the pleasure of painting the banister last summer and I never want to do that again.

1 Like

William Morris Willow Boughs :+1:

3 Likes

Yeah, for a few years I worked as a textile colourist for a big fabric printing firm who own the Morris collection, this included at the time the scaled down versions tana fabric for Liberty of London. On occasion I’d be matching and sampling to original handrawn artwork from bitd.
Fell in love with a lot of it, always said we’d get some up, can’t mess with classics.

4 Likes

Honestly there’s nothing worse than stripping spindles with lathed notches and detail, this the second house I’ve had to do it in, thankfully this was easier than the last house, spent even longer stripping them bastards and when I finally removed the boxing from the downstairs Bannister it turned out the bottom spindles had been removed, to top it off they were some random design that were impossible to get, the joiner came and said I could have the same ones turned for four times the price of knocking the lot out and putting new ones in, could have saved myself some lead poisoning.

1 Like

Do you still have contacts in fabric printing? My Mrs does seamless designs and we are currently looking to expand into selling her designs om fabric. Her designs already get bought and printed on fabric to be made into clothes or bought by fabric shops and we are just looking to broaden what we do.

That’ll look cracking once you’ve got rid of that wallpaper.

6 Likes

I haven’t worked there for few years, however a lot of their business towards the end of my leaving was offering smaller digital print runs for designers / small firms which is what you should look into however the process of design separation, color matching, sampling is not cheap, even for digital prints so if you can have your design already in repeat separated in PSD, formatted to the correct dpi and pantone color swatches for colourists etc, it can save you time and money, I think they have a technical document they’ll give you if you decide to run anything.

Conventional printing via rotary / flatbed process is stupidly expensive though, your talking tens of thousands on screens engraved and that’s not including dye, printing or finishing or the 300mtrs minimum of fabric but baby steps…

1 Like

Read this as a pet name for the author of Naked Lunch etc.

4 Likes

As an art student it was almost beaten into you to reject anything William Morris and the arts and crafts movement.

Dope skate down the local crap park and started making progress on a dumb little ‘PT lockdown’ park edit I’m making.

Happy DAYS.

6 Likes

Learnt half cab nose manuals tonight on my diy manny pad. fuck me that’s a hard one . An hour and half later i got there. Just .
Stoked but fucking knackered.

9 Likes

Fuck yeah pal! I’m really into manuals these days. They’re pretty Covid-friendly and so rewarding when you get a new one. Plus so many combinations are possible. Never done a half cab nosemanual. Tried them before and they’re hard indeed. Will work on them. A DIY manny pad sounds really good. I suppose I need one now.

Cheers man, I’ve only really started doing nose manuals properly last year. Such a great feeling and can’t stop doing them when there’s something to manny on.

Once I get a super clean half cab nose manny I’ll post it on the personal footy thread .

This is the diy pallet manny pad I made at work . 3m x 2.1 m

9 Likes

Imagine casting for the movie.

4 Likes

Nose mannys always seemed easier on something slightly higher than that because I found it too easy to crash down from ollieing too high into them.

1 Like

Yeah I know what you mean, skated a ledge/manny pad about 30cm high last weekend and found getting nose mannys easier than normal mannys .
Will defo be trying this with H/C n/mannys

1 Like

Yeah I found this, same with nose grinds

1 Like