Stoked!

Ah, just looked them up. Very useful, though about 14 years too late for me, ha… Definitely look into circular polariser filters - they’re for subtly eliminating glare, the same as polarised sunglasses let you see fish in a lake on a sunny day a lot easier.

2 Likes

@Pedromayn I found a VX1000 charger for the ashtray socket in your car. I don’t know what it’s actually called if you are interested.

That will be very handy for when we eventually can do trips again.

Vaccine booked on Wednesday :boom:

6 Likes

Getting mine on Sunday :syringe::microbe:

4 Likes

Yeah, getting mine earlier than some because of ‘underlining health condictions’ … though I think the north is powering through getting them done.

1 Like

just channelled @anon83623327 at meanwhile and did my first ever back lip on ramp

7 Likes

corweee now that’s a beauty

1 Like

Nice one @tbk11! I gotta learn these.
Those ones you did at Meanwhile were well good @anon83623327!

1 Like

‘High risk’ due to having Crohn’s disease

1 Like

Ahhh no way! I rarely hear about other people with it to be honest. Mine is chill now but fucked me up good and proper about five years ago and has surgery to sort it out. Not a peep since which is cool!

2 Likes

Someone who I was in the army with developed it. He’s out now but I know he gets flare ups from time to time and went through a hard time getting it diagnosed I think.

That’s weird because I’ve had pretty the same dosage of medication (azathioprine) for the last few years since the surgery and everything has been fine. I had a colonoscopy a couple of months back and everything was fairly clear and they don’t expect anything bad to pop up any time soon. It’s a weird disease because every person reacts differently to it.

Yep. It was a bastard to get diagnosed. I had horrible stomach cramps for a couple of years and lost loads of weight because I basically stopped eating. Eventually I was admitted into hospital when my mum found me on her bathroom floor after having a bad episode. It took a week or so in hospital to finally determine what it actually was though. Such a weird one.

1 Like

Cheers @neddy for this. This should come in handy for whenever we’re able to do filming trips again.

3 Likes

Got my car insurance renewal down to £300 from £440 with my insurance company after telling them money supermarket we’re giving a quote from them for £330.

When the guy on the phone doubled checked he came back with a better price for £297 for the exact same policy.

Well stoked and I asked him why it was so much cheaper and he said my renewal was based on monthly payments and on information 28 days ago which have since changed .

Hmmmmm bullshit ! Haha

Hastings direct if anyone wants a quote.

4 Likes

Yeah, sounds like that guy’s on his last warning and needs to make some sales. Still though, if you claim and the policy is invalid, it’s up to the insurer to cover it if they didn’t take your details properly. All the calls are recorded and kept, so you’ll be reet.

3 Likes

Got my boots back from t’cobblers after resoling and theyre basically good as new again. Should be reet for another 10 years.

1 Like

I got a quilt lined Carhartt boiler suit off eBay, it’s the most comfortable, cozy thing I’ve ever owned. Could have used it the last 2 weeks for sure.
I’m going to be internet-less for at least 2 months between workshop moves and I’m quite looking forward to it.

1 Like

I want a boilersuit for the garage so I don’t traipse sawdust back through the house. Debated some dungarees for similar reasons but have got found to it yet. Might pull the trigger though, go full on Dibnah

1 Like

You could build yourself some kind of decontamination vacuum chamber instead.

1 Like