Stoked!

Pretty much finished moving house today. One more run tomorrow just to pick up random bits and clean up the old gaff.

I’m fucking shattered, been loading & unloading since about 7am.

I did get to drive a van all day though, so that was fun. I love driving a van.

4 Likes

Got through it without a single raised voice too! Something of a miracle ha

1 Like

My mum died the week before I moved into my last place.

1 Like

I’m in the process of a million forms and surveys and all that bollocks with solicitors and mortgage folk.

Pain in the ass but hopefully worth it.

Moving Wednesday. Been packing for the last 10 straight days and I’m still not done… I live in a 2 bed terraced house… How the fuck have I got so much STUFF. I’ve spent nearly 100 quid on boxes and bubble wrap and shit.

Tomorrow is going to be nuts. Got to catch the cats and take a load of stuff on my first motorway trip up to the cattery. Then back home to take down my sons furniture and then back up the motorway again to assemble that.

Then I go back again to pick him up from nursery and back up again for the night.

Then back down again first thing Wednesday to meet my man with a van and move everything else.

Then I’m in work Thursday.

Moving house question - do you switch the boiler off?

Probably be fine this time of year but might be worth leaving it on just in case. Make sure you take final readings of all the utilities and you should be fine

When we packed up from the UK to move back to Dublin a few years ago, we got rid a load of stuff when we left and probably a similar amount again when we arrived. And that was going from a 2bed, 55sqm apartment to a 2bed, 85sqm apartment. Mad shit.

Also had the great idea to have the moving guys coming on the same day that we flew out. They chipped off home to Birmingham around 6pm and we were in a cab to the airport at 7. It all worked out fine in the end after a lot of huffing and puffing up and down 4 floors in 25C summer weather, but still wasn’t a good idea!

Just make sure you give a final meter reading. I just got an estimated bill from an empty flat and it’s way more electricity than nobody/ghosts would use.

1 Like

The amount of shit I left in BCN when I moved. I tell you the homeless dudes in Gracia were looking fucking fresh as fuck when I finished with them!

After this year I’m back to having absolutely fuck all and I quite like it.

5 Likes

Definitely - took four carloads of stuff to the tip first time around. Second time I can’t remember (stress levels super high) but I’m pretty sure it was similar.

I’ve done about 20 black bins of shit so far. It’s not possible I had this much stuff in this tiny house. But it is.

4 Likes

Want a hand? Haha

I’m guessing you’re good at Tetris.

As a counter to my stressed out not stoked this morning… Offer has now been accepted, and I just had a bloody lovely ride on dry trails in the sun.

12 Likes

Sorted a new set up out for my sort of half brother who I grew up skating with today.
34 years since we started skating together.

His Mrs has Covid so I literally delivered a board etc to a guy in full PPE on the street.
So 2021 it hurts.

15 Likes

Had one too many skating and forgot to strap my board on my bag and went to the station. Got there , realised , pegged it back and it was still at the spot. Skaters and all 30 mins since I left it .
Incredibly happy and great full .
Thank you Bristol I’m a lucky dickhead

4 Likes

Also in the moved house club. Got the dream space for the moving van and it was done in an hour.

I also know why people take lightbulbs now as well!

I thought it was mental behaviour but it’s because the last thing you think of is the lampshades. I almost did it myself…took them down last second and nearly chucked the bulbs in a random box because you’re thinking I have to clear this house of everything.

Realised last moment I didn’t want to be that person and got back up the stepladder and put them back in.

3 Likes

Oh is that a thing? The couple we bought our house from took the lightbulbs too! We just thought they were wankers!

3 Likes

I took all our bayonet LED bulbs out and put the original shitey 20watt tungsten bulbs back in, it’s a dick manoeuvre to leave no bulbs. I could have left them all in, LED bulbs aren’t as pricey as they used to be but I really couldn’t be bothered hunting for more when the time came.

That said if I ever move out my current place I’d probably take all the forged Davenport rim locks off the doors and put the old knobs back on, I never thought I’d ever spend nearly £900 on fucking door knobs and latches.

3 Likes

Framed and up in the bedroom, Stoked!

Spot some forumers work too.

6 Likes