Stoked!

I’m 5 years sober today.

31 Likes

Do you reckon you’ll ever drink again?

1 Like

Congrats on your recovery. (Or just choice to stop if you’re not an alcoholic).

1 Like

Eh, honestly not fussed.

2 Likes

Twenty years I think. Maybe twenty one? A fair while anyway.

1 Like

Fair play, must be good when it’s no longer even a thing to think about.
I’ve managed six months before a few times but then drifted back into it a bit. There were definitely more positives about sobriety than negatives.

Just treated myself to a thick application of beard oil for the first time and now feel like a luxurious Viking.

6 Likes

I agree to an extent but have managed to curb getting plastered and now very much enjoy a social glass with food or a couple of beers.

It’s hard not to get carried away though.

I’ll be three years without a drink in May. With covid shutting pubs and stopping get togethers at houses, it’s been a lot easier. Not that I was finding it hard before. Just less things booze related going on for the past year or so. Most of the people I hang with socially now want to skate than go to the pub anyway.

4 Likes

The sun is shining, it’s Friday, I have new shoes. Stoked!

4 Likes

Just donated 12 bucks to the Kevin Wilkins Fund.

1 Like

Went climbing. Was less shit than expected.

Mate took one picture. Nothing of me actually climbing, just hanging like a shit gorilla on the way down. Sigh.

9 Likes

Where is that wall?

Nice one! Been getting out a bit too, quick snap of my pal whilst we did some super easy solos up at Stanage after work the other night. Stoked! on living in Sheffield I guess

13 Likes

Give me a shout if you fancy any routes. I’m out all the time (I’m actually at Stanage right now texting this lol).
Or a skate :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Will do mate! I try and get out as much as I can

1 Like

My mates wrote these books, I’m not sure if they are any good?

Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 17.11.41

Anyway just got a text to get my second vaccine dose… I’ll be covid-passport ready soon! Bring on the summer!

1 Like

Mad Volume in Hull. It’s quite small, but super friendly and chilled and plenty of routes to keep me amused. Especially after my arms turned to noodles in about five minutes.

That’s mint. I’ve never climbed at Stanage, ridden down it loads of times. Climbed at Burbage a few times.

2 Likes

5 Likes