Stoked!

The weather has been pretty bad here too.

This article and Mackenzie’s approach really resonate with me (even if I’m only 39). It sounds crazy but Covid forced me to skate differently and there’s something I love about it. Me, my grind box or a weird spot I wouldn’t have skated 5 years ago and my phone on my thermos, trying to learn tricks I’ve been thinking about for decades, finally getting them. So enjoyable once you get used to skating alone and get over the fear of getting hurt.

8 Likes

current favourite skateboarder

his insta posts inspire me to get out so much it’s fucking great

3 Likes

Absolutely!

I really struggled the last time I went out. Just couldn’t get any confidence, what properly did for me was managing to land primo and slam when all I was trying to do was pop a little ollie to get warmed up and get my legs moving. I do still love it but it’s also kind of horrible. I don’t think most people just doing normal stuff really have to confront ageing like this for another 20 years. But maybe it’s a good thing in a way to come to terms with it now. Fucked if I know.

2 Likes

I guarantee that if you keep at it you’ll surprise yourself.

I like to tell other people what I’m going to do which is an incredibly annoying habit I’m sure, but if I go ‘manny that, Ollie that, tailslide that’ I have to commit. Ha. Works for me! Results in some stinking ‘makes’ but I don’t care and I’m having fun so it’s all good.

4 Likes

life still complicated but looking up, not been on here much past few weeks, new romance taking up my time :o Funny old world this.

10 Likes

I’d not skated for a few years and felt awful last summer the handful of times I tried to skate. Like yourself confidence gone and for me my balance was all out of wack. Ended up taking my daughter out to a couple of places early March and helping her learn to push and from then on I’ve tried to get out once a week if weather has allowed which has really helped. Taken just over two months to feel comfortable again.

I’ve found just taking it really slow and steady, limiting sessions to under an hour so I’m not hurting too bad afterwards has really helped. Plus for the first time ever I’m trying to exercise during the week - IT worker so I’m physically a complete skinny weakling with a beer gut.

7 Likes

Landed a really long blunt to fakie yesterday on a kerb height manny pad, I was more stoked on how I properly popped it out as I can get into blunt slides no problem but but popping them out is a different matter I can honestly say I’ve only popped out to regs a handful of times but I’ll take fakie. #dadlands.

13 Likes

Real G’s go to fakie.

2 Likes

Here it is:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO4v8JjL80s/

17 Likes

Francois that is clucking rad!! (dad jokes).

8 Likes

Hahaha! Thanks a lot! :blush:

3 Likes

yep, eggcellent work!

5 Likes

Booked in a kid-free dad skate date. Going to treat myself to some new wheels and bearings and probably some rails too. Curb session on

7 Likes

Managed to get up to the lakes for the first time since this virus mess yesterday. I’ve missed it really badly. Didn’t take my camera so just phone snaps.

Did take a pocket-sized drone, though:

21 Likes

Booked my jab for Thursday!

4 Likes

Was the second pic Easdale Tarn?

I think it’s Kentmere Reservoir.

Epic. Bloody love tha Lakes, can’t wait to get back up there.

What drone, out of interest?

A DJI Mini 2, amazing little thing.