Stoked!

Belated stoke, but got a new job with a significant pay increase last week and the icing on the cake was to resign from my current role before taking on a project that’s going to seriously suck for everyone involved.

21 Likes

That’s sick @navitronic

Personal Stoke, enjoying life. 2 weeks into the new job and really enjoying it. Met the CEO today as well, he’s really nice. Colleagues in my team are well hyped and on it.

In terms of my old job (even though I was made redundant) it was fucking with my mental health because of the way the MD was. So in hindsight I’m kind of glad.

17 Likes

Made my first mural this morning, at the local indoor skatepark. Me, myself and I in this big, dusty, empty place with good tunes and a thermos of good tea. Such a lovely moment. Looking forward to doing this again, there and anywhere I’ll be asked/allowed to.

7 Likes

post a pic Francboi

2 Likes

Went camping last weekend and the site owner saw my skateboard and told me he had a quarter pipe in his barn. Was pretty stoked to discover it was actually a 3 foot mini ramp in bits and he was happy for us to put it together! Took a while but we did it and got our skate on.

16 Likes

I’ll post it on Insta later this week bruv. :wink:

1 Like

Stoked!

(pls forgive my re-appropriation of “post a fit fuckboi”, it seemed funny at the time :roll_eyes:)

4 Likes

More stoked for my mum but stoked none the less

Just found out I have a whole new Irish family .

My mum has been trying for decades to find her dad ( she never knew or met him as she was adopted but knew her mum -v long story) anyway she got a Dna test as a last resort after decades of research/searching.
The results found a match who she could contact and did. She was contacted on the same day and it turns out the contact is her half brother called steve McQueen who’s Irish and the whole side of that family is Irish .

Unfortunately her father has passed, but she now has 1 new brother and 2 new sisters who are all mad happy to find out and meet up.

So chuffed for my mum and I also have 3 cousins who live in London as well as 2 new aunts and one new uncle -steve .
Been a mad but rad day.

Stoked

29 Likes

stoked for you and your mum!

1 Like

Thanks man, I’ve just seen a picture of my grandad I’ve never know , such a weird feeling, can’t even imagine what my mum is feeling. But she’s over the moon.
And just seen pics of my 3 cousins who are brothers like I have and we’re the same ages.
I wonder if one of them skates , that would be a pretty mad session

4 Likes

Ah man that’d be so jokes!

1 Like

Someone pass Chopper the Jameson from the other thread!

2 Likes

Mate your new uncle is called Steve McQueen. That’s fucking epic in itself.

4 Likes

I’m praying there’s an Alexander too.

Off to play drums with my 303 clone again later. Much less hassle than human guitarists, and it doesn’t scav your beers

6 Likes

Had a haircut this morning. Long overdue!

1 Like
12 Likes

Nice…jealous of that weather with all the rain we’re having right now. I was really enjoying my mid 40s skate sessions too while we had some sunshine.

That bs noseblunt slide was perfect.

Edit: I thought that was the insta clip he just posted.

:fire: go skate! (i’m sure you have more important things to actually do…)