Stoked!

"Have you seen this guy he looks so much like Jon Bon Jovi it’s freaky man” – Chad Kroeger (Nickelback)

Damn, right enough! You are lucky.

1 Like

“A genuine tribute to the biggest artist of our generation.”

That’s Phil Collins obvs.

1 Like

The only good thing Phil Collins ever produced…

5 Likes

I managed to get a 600kg lathe out of a shipping container and into a van half a meter above it today without a forklift by building a series of steps and a bridge without killing myself. having a beer.

5 Likes

I saw a LOT of great bands in walking distance when I lived in Leeds in the early noughties (and Newport in the late 90s actually).

Fewer in Hull, though I’ve seen a few gooduns. Burning Hell, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, John and B Dolan are recent ish ones. By which I mean last five years or so. #dadlife.

Pre-Covid, there was a string of local/urban festivals twice each summer in a disused ferry terminal across the road from me. Sound checks would wake me up on each day, Kiasmos and Orbital were the notable sets whose tunes I could name and then hear again that night. Good times.

Off to go watch an actual football match for the first time in over 18 months. The big Worcester v Stourbridge pre season friendly with @tomgnargore and a few of our pals. Lovely stuff.

Finally managed to get round to (and having the money to) clear out the old sunhouse area properly. The old git that had the house before us was fish daft and had a giant koi pond in a sunhouse.

Sunhouse was shonky as shit and collapsed in bad weather. The walls were in tact and it housed the kids trampoline and e had a ton of bark on the ground. Took the main walls down and killed myself over the last week getting rid of it. Now I have a 20foot by 20foot concrete area to skate with the little one

3 Likes

time for a little concrete quarter!

2 Likes

I’d be lying if I didn’t think that this would make a great wee DIY concrete spot, the wife has other suggestions and divorces cost more than driving to a skatepark

2 Likes

1 Like

Happy birthday to our illustrious leader @Spanky :partying_face: :champagne: :clinking_glasses:

Your hard work doesn’t go unnoticed, hope you have a great day!

12 Likes

Happy Birthday @Spanky !

Mines in a couple of weeks, just looking into booking a sensory deprivation tank

1 Like

Happy birthday @Spanky! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Happy birthday spankster

Happy Birthday mayne.

happy birthday, o forum overlord.

Thanks everyone :pray::pray::pray:

Back in Tallinn now, 3 hours sleep but great to see the kids again

1 Like

Been ont piss?

Nah travelling. Got home at midnight, couldn’t sleep till 2 then kids woke us up at 5. Back to the grind!

But Jesus in a much better place and not so grumpy, really needed a rest

2 Likes