Stoked!

haha, fair enough

My work has announced a pretty generous ā€œwell beingā€ bonus to spend on anything that might benefit our well being.

Once I got over the idea of spending it on cocaine and a hooker, Iā€™ve decided to buy some power tools and build some ramps. Pretty excited.

17 Likes

CMOAC,

Made that pizza oven for my wedding the week before it, wood fired monster made from scrap steel I found lying around. Could do with a big pizza stone in the bottom though.

Further cmoac, made the suit when we had to isolate, nicest Iā€™ve ever looked.

19 Likes

Fucking hell, welding and tailoring. Thatā€™s a lot of OG man points for one person. Did you harvest the flour for the dough by hand scythe too? Well jealous.

1 Like

A true renaissance man!

too cheap to pay other people to do things.

8 Likes

I was going to reply to this with ā€˜skillsā€™ but it deserves a proper comment, along the lines ofā€¦

Bloody well done. As someone who can just about sew on a patch and hem a tee (or some trousers), making a suit seems incredible. :raised_hands:

Pizza oven is ace too.

Wow, was just thinking how good you looked and that I could do with a decent suit with my new frame. Iā€™d love to do the same to be honest.

Itā€™s really not that hard once you figure out the pattern and donā€™t rush. I did mine from a ā€˜difficultā€™ pattern where there is a load of assumed things you have done before, most I had, some I googled but itā€™s not that bad at all. Took about 4 days with the tie, shirt, and 3 piece.

6 Likes

This is the very reason I starting making guitars

1 Like

That along with the ā€˜how hard can it be?ā€™ mentality opens a lot of doors for me

2 Likes

Exactly, nothing is that hard, just having the balls to go at it and not be scared of fucking up.

1 Like

You literally only need to get a couple of things right and the rest is subjective. I like that, I donā€™t think people realise how unregimented a guitar can be.

1 Like

They do after they play one of mine!

2 Likes

Ha! Iā€™m sure theyā€™re great. Iā€™m just refinishing an old one of mine and sorting out some of the issues it had.

Wtf. I need to her more about this. Amazing.

I did a butchery course a couple of years ago. We butchered a deer carcass into sausages and steak. That was rad.

Iā€™ve got a blacksmith course soon.
Prepping for the collapse of modern society into a feudal medieval situation.

7 Likes

I really really want to make some kitchen knives but canā€™t justify a forge in my house.

Iā€™ve built quite a lot of furniture around the house partly because my house isnā€™t a normal size so finding off the shelf options doesnā€™t always work.

Other than than its mainly been building guitars and amps. I fancied getting into leather working like Pulman was doing so I could make guitar straps but never got round to it.

brian cant is completely right, someone can make it so why not try. Its the same mentality as cooking, you may cock it up but just try again until you get it.

Iā€™d like to make a suit though Niall, thatā€™s banging.

Thereā€™s a guy in Bristol that does courses - nouko knives I think is the name.

Otherwise, Iā€™ve got a forge but havenā€™t had much of a go at knives yet. Come down over the holidays at some point and weā€™ll light it up. Got a big chunk of spring steel I found on Lyme Regis beach for just such a thing.

Holy fucking hell yes. Thatā€™d be amazing.

You reckon we could get one done in a day? Iā€™ve got some nice birdseye maple we could use for the handles.