Stoked!

I now work in my wife’s sewing room. Check out her setup.

2 Likes

I work for a relatively established tech company. It used to be a trend in the industry to offer money toward paying for things like gym memberships and other such things under the guise of well-being.

But more recently that’s been met with backlash as it’s exclusionary (not every can or wants to go to the gym) to an extent, so more company’s are providing the same level of benefit, but not stipulating what it’s spent on beyond it being for your “well being”.

I like the idea of a quarter pipe in my driveway and the benefits that will bring… :joy:

How expensive would a few curbs be to put in your drive?

How much are we talking about?

Just wondering how many magnums I could get.

1 Like

no idea, maybe?

1 Like

I’m gonna find out. First cab off the rank is building a Hults block.

1 Like

Got an email today saying I got a job after a trial shift yesterday at a local gardening centre. Just pot washing and maybe some waitering but am stoked as it’s a good company (Webbs) and the people are sound. Freelance translation has taken a nose dive so I need this work. Drank heavily last night but want to stay sober and give myself the best chance to keep this job.

16 Likes

Sick! I changed tech companies recently and they do wellness days once a month and the wellness expense stuff too. Actually makes such a difference! Mind if I ask what company? Just cause I know we’re in the same place.

There’s a lot of Alpha energy in this thread today.

I’ll leave the manly stuff to you guys. I can just about fix a puncture on my bike.

1 Like

I put screen wash in my car the other day was buzzing.

6 Likes

I changed the wipers on the car and thought about starting up my own garage.

11 Likes

I lol’d at that @judithpriest

2 Likes

Did that too! Was sure I’d fuck it up.

1 Like

So sick man, massive props and also man after my own heart. You see something and say, I can do that, why am I getting some one else to do it.

Dapper and dough’p in one pic.

Keep it up , The buzz of working shit out , making/building and overcoming it, even if it almost sends you to the loony bin, is such a life changing confidence boost. This should be on prescription

2 Likes

I think my greatest moment was not properly shutting the bonnet of a car and it flying back and leaving a dent where it smashed against the top of the windscreen

Luckily I had a car yard at the time and got it sorted. Fucking terrifying though, I was doing about 40 then suddenly, boom, can’t see a thing. had to lean out of the window to see where I was going

2 Likes

I’ve had 2 bonnets open on me, first at 70 on the motorway in my CRX , rusty stuck open catch and latch. Fucking shit bricks and was lucky , just a windscreen and minor roof dent , Bonnet Fucked . Since then I’ve been militant.

Then I took my MR2 for it’s Mot and the garage didn’t lock the bonnet properly , and flipped open at 40 on the dual carriageway on the way home . Fucked the wings and bonnet . Garage was pissed at the MOT tester . Big bill that one.
Professionals eh?

2 Likes

soz

1 Like

I’m also wondering this

Changed a shower pump last weekend #flexin

I’m not hibernating my old car just yet, normally upon sight of the first gritters. Japanese import, Honda and rust go hand in hand.

2 Likes

My 93 Honda has been hibernating for 8 years thanks to rust . Swiss cheese would be jealous

1 Like