Stoked!

I want to pick your brains @Bish. Do you share your creations with your better half or does she leave you to it?

I reckon Bish might actually be pregnant

4 Likes

Nah she refuses to try any of them! She generally refuses to be in the room when I eat my sarnies as she thinks they look horrible and make her feel sick.

I only cook sarnie combos a few times a month so it’s all good, I promise I eat fairly normally on a day to day basis. Still covered in mayo but fairly normally…

5 Likes

9 Likes

I do no exercise bar skating/footy but I do consider the mega sarnies as a treat!

Pre Christmas stoke: found a practically brand new 24inch bmx for a super reasonable amount.

Tonight’s stoke: went out for a post dinner evening bmx ride on it with my 7 year old step son in tow to scope out some local skate spots and ended up bombing around together jumping off curb cuts and generally having a laugh. Great times.

11 Likes

What did you get? I’ve always fancied a cruiser but the prices on eBay are always silly money.

2021 DK cygnus 24.

The injection moulding marks were still on the tyres and somehow I got it for 50% off rrp at a secondhand shop.

So today involved more bombing around the streets and then two bmx tracks…

Kids get obsessed easily and I’m exhausted.

4 Likes

We now sponsor the local Leeds women’s football team Hyde Park FC

Very stoked on this!

24 Likes

Thats dope! Is there anyway to cop one of those kits?

Saw Osteopath this morning, sorted out a load of tense muscle and my neck. Sore now but I’m hoping that I’ll be good to skate before the weekend. It’s been months since I last got out but I’m hoping I’ve not lost too much, even then just some basic 5050’s and fs/bs power slides will cheer me up!

My wife’s just surprised me with a gift for no particular reason - J Grant Brittain’s book, ‘ Push’. Winner :slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes

Lucky! Had to buy my copy myself

1 Like

Nice. Is it solely a compendium of the Transworld photos, or is there any unseen stuff?

It’s a collection of Grant’s favourite photos from the 80’s. Most are instantly recognisable - there’s a few that I don’t recall seeing. I’ve only dipped in to it briefly, (been messing about in boats most of today), I’m sitting down for a cover to cover proper perusal this evening…

4 Likes

Mine turned up earlier, as you say it’s mostly stuff we’ve seen before, especially if you’re an old duffer!

Nice to have a hard printed copy of the photos and as much as I love the ‘90’s (‘93 Til is great) due to being my teenage years, I love the 80’s too as that was when I got my first skateboard.

A lot of my magazines were cut apart and ended up on my bedroom walls so books like this are great.

3 Likes

Can confirm old duffer status.

3 Likes

Had an amazing day on a Blacksmith course today

16 Likes

Stoked!

1 Like