Stoked!

I noticed the new ‘trend’ on social media is that new face app, where you age yourself. I remember some conspiracy person saying how it was the government behind it so they can keep a record of what you’ll look like in years to come (say you disappeared on their most wanted list or something like that maybe?).
I just thought ‘whatever’, but the T&Cs that come with that app are crazy. I’ve never seen anything like it before, for an app. Maybe there is something too it.

1 Like

An app that encourages you to take pictures of yourself, on a device that you open with your fingerprint which has all your banking and travel details in it? Sounds fine.

3 Likes

Maybe he means that being on social media influences decisions, instead of thinking of his own ideas.

What could go wrong?!?

1 Like

even worst the one i did made me look like someone that shouts at traffic in the middle of the day.

It’s 100% true that a lot of these fun apps are used for Ai learning, reading facial expressions, how to interpret symbols, handwriting etc.

Yeah, I noticed that too, that thing is everywhere. Fuck knowing what I’ll look like in 40 years and fuck doing this in the first place.

There’s also an awesome diving platform thing on amager strand that we swam at a few years ago. Really nice spot.

1 Like

I did the face age app with my girlfriend and now I’m really anxious I definatly won’t be attracted to her in 30 years.

1 Like

Thanks dude, have checked that out before, good to know the name of place!

1 Like

It’s the canal killer!!!

1 Like

That’s the river thames.

The Thames Terror maybe.

“tonight on BBC 2, Britain’s greatest canal walks”

1 Like

Wow, you’ve just been into my office for some plan copies of a garage extension you have drawn up for somebody. We had a short conversation about some other plans that were on the side of a Tandem Compound steam engine and the steam roller that passed our workshop yesterday holding up all the traffic for the whole morning.

You look a little bit like Anthony Worrell Thompson.

1 Like

Dr Hugo Shipman

2 Likes

So I kept checking my insta and snap for the age filter that was going viral, it wasn’t appearing.

A swift google showed me the faceapp, along with the associatedprivacy concerns raised by the T’s and C’s.
I’m in a weird place with this stuff - I’m in IT, I understand that everything is being listened to/measured, mined and sold - I use aniPhone and a Pixel, and have Alexa at home.

So…I’m fucked already, so what difference does yet another app make?

For me, this one is just too blatant. The terms are horrible, and who cares anyway - I’m already 46 ffs.

Explain to me the advantages of this. Because I can’t work out why you need an app to turn on your lights or whatever. Everything I know about smart home tech and the internet of things is utterly pointless and networks everything simply for the sake of it - overengineering a solution for a problem that didn’t really exist anyway.

I’m pretty tech savvy and find Alexa to be a useless piece of shit. She’s been banished to being an alarm clock and that’s it.

I replaced her with a HomePod, which doubles up as a sound bar when I’m watching netflix and is useful for my very specific commands for my hue lights and setting timers when I’m cooking. But that’s it.

The advertising for smart speakers pitches the ultimate ideal, but short of asking Alexa set a timer or to tell a joke for the 100th time I’m not sure what the average person uses it for?