Stoked!

Flying to SF for a 5 week work stint tomorrow. Company is paying for an apartment and flights for the wife and kid. My mum is going to house and dog sit for us so we’re all sorted. Not been there before but seems to be in a nice, albeit hilly, part of town. I fucking hate hills. In both directions.

1 Like

SF is absolutely fantastic.
And the hills are rad!

I had a secret making project this weekend when herself was away, posting here because nobody knows her and I’m shit at keeping secrets so hopefully this will scratch the itch of telling. Also because I’m really stoked how well it came out, far from the best but defintley not the worst.

hello fellow grown ups.

17 Likes

Sick, hope she likes it. I took the week of work to buy an engagement ring last week and it’s fair to say I don’t have a fucking clue what to look for. Wish I was handy enough to be able to make one. Absolute props to you :ok_hand:t3:

Shall we start a thread about this topic?

Middle aged wed anyone?

4 Likes

That is fucking impressive mate, big up

Got back from SF last week. Its wicked, one of the best places ive visited. But goddamn, the hills are a killer if you’re walking

yeah I’m into it - already spot bothering people with pics of emb and pier 7 as they’re right by my office. We’re staying up california st which is one of those typically gnarly gx1000 hills as well. it’s an absolute bitch.

Off to Helsinki and Malmo/CPH next week, so it’s always a clever idea to set up a new board for the travels.

2 Likes

And, swim in the sea after skating last night. Buzzing.

1 Like

There is a wicked ship / diving platform on the river in CPH.
So good on a hot day after, or during, a skate day.
Grass area to sit and chill out in.

Sounds like the ideal finish to a hectic day. Will keep an eye out for it!

https://images.app.goo.gl/mhsRrczs2G3hPHgy7

Nice one, I know that spot, sat out watching Euro 2016 there. Malmo also has some rad swimming and jumping spots just past Stappelsbadparken. Bit more exposed, but rad all the same.

been skating for 25 odd years and thanks to someone’s random post here a while back i have discovered that gaskets are a thing, they are great, that is all

What are gaskets?

kind of like a cross between a knee pad and a knee brace. they’re great if your knees are fucked and you go to a large skate park and want to ride bigger things. my other knee pads are like 187 killers that turn your knees into basket balls (but are basically bullet proof)

I described it as a ship only as the structure reminded me of a sunken ship with the front still poking out.

Went to Thonon, France a few days ago as there’s a new skatepark there. Skated for 1.5 hour, swam in the lake for a bit, then skated again for another 2 hours. Awesome.

2 Likes

Always STOKED on Vincent Alvarez!

Respect for not being on Insta and CIAbook for good reasons (people being on it having two different lives, being someone else, etc.) but I thought it was weird when he said it would stop him from being creative. Dude’s been doing the same shit forever. He seems like a really sound dude and the blunt back 3 attempt was really rad though.