Stoked!

See I used it little but often but the older I got the bigger the little meals got. I think it’s just “find the food schedule that allows you to eat what you want without becoming a fat cunt in your mid 30s”

1 Like

I start to feel a bit shady by mid morning if I don’t eat any breakfast. I do tend to get up pretty early though, so it probably depends a bit on that as well.

1 Like

I had a couple of free days so I tried a 36 hour fast because it’s supposed to do something or other. Was all fine and then it just wasn’t and all i could think about was food to the point where I couldn’t really get anything done.
Feel a bit better but not trying that again in a hurry.

I’m 2 meals a day , usually have my breakfast around 10-12pm then dinner around 7.
I’m so used to it that the hunger pangs don’t bother me cos I know it’s not long till I eat.
I do have quite a few coffees in the morning which help and if I really need to eat between it will be a banana or some mixed nuts.

I’ve managed to stay 11 and half stone(was almost 14 at Xmas) for the last 6 months with out it feeling like any effort and I’ve got plenty of energy for a skate after work.

4 Likes

It was bigger than I was expecting and there are some rad photos, but yes the interviews are a bit of a disappointment.

Hadn’t got to his until I saw this. Haven’t made it to the fuckin’ end yet.

His interview is a good read… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I usually have breakfast about half six, run at lunchtime, absolutely starving mid-afternoon so end up eating most of a packet of biscuits dipped in a brew or if there’s no biscuits substitute toast. Hate it when there’s no biscuits, though. Then we don’t usually end up having tea until about eight. I’ve actually gone from about 73 kilos at the start of lockdown to 68 or so now.

A whole pack of biscuits haha fuck ! That’s a good thousand calories right there .

I don’t do sugar apart from bananas or granola, that’s made loads of difference. I do have a treat every now an again but not like I used to daily many years ago.

I waded through the ‘interviews’ last night. Blodney’s kind of summed up the book for me. A missed opportunity if ever there was one. Just lip service all round really. There are some decent photos though, it’s not all bad, just a little disappointing. Strikes me as a bit of a cash grab…stick Mark Gonzales on anything and it’s going to sell through. Also, the layout is a bit budget dtp package too. Looks like an ‘80’s Christmas skateboarding book by some clueless guy :thinking:. Didn’t hate it, but glad it didn’t cost me anymore than it did. Filed away with my Gonz stuff to not see the light of day for a few more years…

1 Like

Eat what I want. Don’t usually do breakfast. 9 1/2 stone. 5ft 7.

Muscle is heavier than fat anyway.

2 Likes

Normally you talk sense, so I hope you’re joking about the biscuits!

Try making a smoothie for yourself - frozen berries, porridge oats, assorted seeds and nuts, thow in coconut/oat/hazelnut milk and leave them to soak for a few hours to break down the oats. Before blending, add skyr and / or protein powder. Your body is craving proper food after a run so make sure you get real nutrition (i.e. protein, even chocolate milk or skyr) into you.
Personally, I make about 1-1.2 litre per day and eat half of it for early breakfast before training/swimming/cycling and finish it as part of my lunch - I have a late breakfast of a big fuck off bowl of muesli and skyr around 10.30 or so. I started doing this daily at the start of Covid and it’s made a huge improvement to my mental and physical state - swapping bread for a smoothie first thing makes me feel more alert and ready to get going, rather than fighting a slow-mo carb crash first thing in the morning.

Ha ha unfortunately not joking. Baked goods are my last remaining vice. I know I need to sort it out, and I’ll get around to it. But I don’t smoke fags or touch weed any more, hardly drink.

You’re at a good place there already then… Seriously, give that smoothie routine a week or so - you might need some tweaks to suit your own lifestyle - as the saying goes, you can’t outrun a shit diet!

1 Like

I just accepted my dream job offer and resigned from my current job. I feel so fucking good. I’m literally bouncing off the walls with adrenaline haha. Feeling so blessed and lucky to be able to do this with everything going on this year.

I’m going to work with @Load again, for the second time. Can’t wait. Big ups, can’t wait to get shitfaced with you again.

I’ve lived with 2 different forumers and have worked with 2, one of them twice now! Who said wasting time on the internet was a waste of time eh? This shit is business!

22 Likes

Yeah Snurp, that’s sick. What’s the old/new jobs then?

I got him a nice job once with me and he was honestly an absolute pleasure to work with and to be around.

Your new employer is lucky to have you.

2 Likes

This is awesome! Glad it seems to do you good.

It’s easy when you work, harder when you have a day off at first but not that hard really.

Good luck!

3 Likes

I’m only in this career as people on the forum gave me solid advice for my first job interview in this field. I’m fully indebted to this place ha.

Stoked that this has happened - and Hugo’s right, this place is lucky to have you. Talent getting fully wasted at the last place! Just need the borders to open now and we can get drinking.

2 Likes

Half term!
Thank fuck

3 Likes

Just got one of those DN60 DTE recorders for my VX1000s, stoked.

2 Likes