Stoked!

I’m trying to work out if there’s a joke in there. Haha.

Like how a chair or a cupboard is of good quality because it can hold a lot of weight.

3 Likes

Had an enquiry once. Guy was like I’m heavy. 30 stone.

I felt bad.

1 Like

I wood have missed that if it wasn’t explained

1 Like

Gimme a shout if you want your new site appraised for UX/UI @neddy

1 Like

Just got back from a couple of weeks ‘adventuring’ around the Dorset coast in a Drascombe Lugger with the wife and dog. A great time had by all. Overnight stop overs wild camping on beaches-one of which ran over somewhat due to terrible weather which meant hunkering down in some woods at the back of a cove for three days. Wife, dog and supplies in the tent and me Bear Gryllsing it in a makeshift bivi :grinning:. The weather held out most of the time. We got some fun hikes and runs on the South West coast path. A bunch swimming and snorkelling in too. Sometimes it’s the simple things that you get the most fun out of.

Got home to the new Gonz book and, before we left I cancelled my 93 til order with book depository and ordered a copy from a skateshop, (like I should have in the first place). That came too and has the extra Penny photos. Proper stoked on that. There’re a few Jaya photos in there which reminded me of a time when I was in SF staying in a house a few blocks from Upper Haight St. Jaya was living there and we got chatting and he asked if I had any magazines as he was stoked on seeing mags from different places. I had issue 2 of Phat mag. I went and dug that out, handed it to him and told him he could keep it. He flicked through it for about 30 seconds. I have never seen anyone look quite as disgusted :joy: He gave it back mumbling something about, ‘fucking Sassy for skaters…’ I guess he didn’t get the tongue in cheek humour or whatever. It certainly wasn’t Thrasher, eh. We didn’t have much to do with each other after that… he was a good guy though :+1:t3:

5 Likes

Good stuff.

That was Jeff Tremaine’s description of Big Brother too.

5 Likes

The interviews are so bad.

1 Like

I’ve only had a quick flick through and haven’t read anything yet. Realistically it’s only going to get filled away with a load of Gonz ephemera that I’ve been collecting since his short stories were showing up in Thrasher. First thought on it was, ‘ I bet Blondey’s stoked on the cover BGP’s’ , hahah.

The last Rizzoli book I bought was My Rules and that was rad. Was hoping this was going to be as comprehensive as that was… will have a dip into it this evening, (with as an open mind as possible).

Don’t start with the Jason Dill interview.

I am partial to a bit of rambling Dill, but that’s probably some sound advice…

I remember being with Weller on some vintage bike ride thing @anon83623327 and bumping into you in Hackney somewhere. We started chatting and then you suddenly turned round and said ‘Mark! Stop fucking about in the road’, and we turned to see who you were talking about and it was indeed Mark Gonzales just randomly fucking about in the middle of the road

6 Likes

How’s first few days been?

I got inspired to try this after reading your post. I’m only on day 3 and I definitely feel better already, less bloated, and the gap between eating ain’t no thang really. Just drinking more water so pissing like a horse. Going to see what happens after a month.

2 Likes

She’s perfect.

12 Likes

I actually found @franc’s no breakfast plan has made me enjoy lunch more as meal.

1 Like

Yeah! It helps when work is busy, you don’t notice you’ve not had breakfast. The weekend will be tougher.

I’m not doing it religiously. Just most days

Isn’t having a big breakfast and then smaller other meals meant to be a good idea?