Supporting SOSs during the Corona pandemic

You do live in a tourist area I guess.

Do these skate shops happen to sell plastic cruisers and wetsuits too…?

SOSs should sell more stupid shit to stay open if they have to. Doesn’t make them bad.

I quite fancy a go with a yo yo.

2 Likes

No doubt, just wondering what other stuff they’re selling to not even need an online store. And wondering where I could get a few pallets of it.

Poppers, bongs and dildos.

3 Likes

Sooooo into skate shops and poppers for sure, be right good front cabinet

There was briefly a ‘420 skate shop’ in Leeds a couple years ago and I went in once, they had bongs in the same cabinets as wheels and the staff would send people to Welcome to get their boards gripped cos they couldn’t do it haha.

4 Likes

Wetsuits, yes. Plastic Cruisers, no. They’re a surf and skate shop. It’s fine. Most people down here surf and skate anyways (I don’t but no problem with it).

Yeah. Don’t sell too many skateboards and surfboards to tourists, but there is a big university here, so they sometimes buy something. I feel like it’s the locals that keep it going though. It’s definitely got a community vibe and lots of people who don’t skate/surf still shop there too. Not saying it’s a licence to print money, but they don’t think they can deal with the additional volume of being online.

“It’s a lovely idea, you’re a nice guy, but I’m afraid I’m out.”

Proudly hosted using Digital Ocean