Supreme

Ah Rebel, I’m originally from Stamford - I bought way too much stuff from there.

Definitely got some Droors stuff from there. I heard it ended up becoming a " luxury trainer emporium ’ or something.

4 Likes

Damnnnnnnn

Assuming jaggers seen this

Oof.

I want that on a tee shirt so bad.

1 Like

It might go well with the Moz one?

1 Like

Imagine this has the effect that the old school chav had on Burberry back in the day.

I doubt it tho

Is that a real one or one from the market?

supreme x tommy edl box logos soon

white supremesist

8 Likes

Given the Jason Jessee situation…amongst others…is the fact that Supreme is putting out a Buju Banton line a sign that things have moved on and we’re back to happily idolising scumbags?

1 Like

Yeah I did think it was pretty weird to do the Buju colab considering even after agreeing to not rerelease or perform homophobic shit he’s kinda gone against it in recent years, have his opinions actually changed? I would hope so. Kinda like saying you like Skrewdrivers music but not the lyrics right? Or Burzum?

1 Like

I personally think Jason Jessee is rad. But I can see how celebrating him may cause racists to use his light to illuminate themselves. Same with Buju Banton.

There’s a double standard at play here though. It’s quite lame. I don’t think you can just give out passes.

Don’t think I’d be wearing either of them on a t-shirt myself. Supreme/Stephen Hawking collab please.

1 Like

There’s a massive double standard at play and no I’m not ignorant of anything you just said. I have google too.

I was stoked to see you pop up Jagger cos I know you’ve got good views and also that you would be stoked on the Buju t. I really like the fact that you’ve mentioned the colonialist history too as I hadn’t seen it that way, although I wonder if working class thatcher era Blackpool kids also have the right in the same way Buju did to to argue that it was their upbringing that made them believe that stuff even if it wasn’t true. I’ve listened to Buju for years and when I was younger I thought his homophobia was funny- wrongfully so, and it makes me wonder how many kids still listen to it and laugh off serious issues, how many kids will see that supreme t shirt without knowing about him prior and seeing his denouncing of his homophonic views, find ‘boom bye bye’ as the first result that comes up on YouTube when you search his name, and he like, oh right, I guess this is ok then. I think to denounce his views to Jamaica too is incredible regardless of whether he would of done it with the pressure or not, as you said, how many views and opinions shifted in those regions and made people reconsider their views? So I see two sides to it.

2 Likes

I also want the shirt hahaha. I also own a hookups shirt, I kinda feel the same about them.

The double standard is in the skateboard community dragging up Jason Jessee’s past to attack him then the world’s biggest skate brand goes on to feature another figurehead for intolerance* on a t-shirt.

*historically at least…JJ also ‘repented’.

If the Supreme collab in some ways highlighted how Buju was a changed man and was now not homophobic then it could be seen as a positive. But I feel with a lot of this shit, brands like Supreme associate themselves with a controversial figure in an ambiguous way - never endorsing their views, but trying to gain some clout off of the back of the figure’s previous notoriety.