Supreme

I think it has to be more explicit than a clip in an Instagram video. Come on.

Wearing any tee with a pic of a reformed cunt is a bit dodgy, no? It’s not like you have an explanation on the tee that said cunt is now trying harder to be a better person.
All most people will see is ‘tee of person with cuntish history’, which could easily be seen as ‘I endorse the cuntish bit’ and not necessarily as ‘I only endorse the new reformed ex-cunt’
To use the Burzum example, you can listen to Burzum privately and not necessarily agree with Varg, but if you wore a Burzum tee, you’d offer no explanation that you ‘only like the tunes, not the man’ - you’d just look like a Varg fan (or someone who shops at Urban Outfitters, either way it’s bad), or just someone trying to be all edgy with their non-pc views etc

“…trying to gain some clout off of the back of the figure’s previous notoriety” is also true, it’s the notoriety you’re wearing on your chest, not anything else

Brian Anderson photoshoot?

1 Like

Bloody hell, straight into the personal, nice one Jagger. I used the term ‘cunt’ as a catch-all for anyone with cuntish history. Rephrase it if you like, with “alleged person with not very nice views”

If you’re into this debate I recommend reading this article. Kinda perfectly articulates the problematic aspect of him very well in terms of balancing the scale.

I apologise and I shall try not to use the word cunt in further conversation. But you really did miss my point. Which wasn’t against you, by the way.

Yeah I read that already. It is good.

Seems like there’s a cult of personality around him, much like Varg from Burzum which is an excellent comparison!

Obviously these kinds of people can sell a lot of t-shirts.

That kind of is my point though - he may mean loads more, but a pic on a tee doesn’t explain that, and it’s way easier for people to get totally the wrong idea. Or for people to wear it for the ‘wrong’ (ie. trying to be edgy) reasons.

1 Like

I’ll happily use the word cunt, especially with jason jesse, he had no apology, no explanation, no remorse only to save his torn legacy. That Nine Club thing was a joke. Dude is a cunt, a try hard up his own arse cunt who was finally called out and now his name does ot carry the same weight anymore has had to deal with some fallout.
As for Buju Banton, I don’t know enough about the dude tbh, i’d say that the tee is in a weird area of controversial promotion though, and if that’s the angle you choose to take to make money then that’s fine, just expect the fallout and to be called cunts a few times.
You got to be able to give shit and take shit if you want to have edge, if not then stick to selling a bland logo.
Generally directed to anyone selling controversy not soley at Supreme, I actually have no opinion on Supreme as a brand, just not my thing.

2 Likes

Can we make a UKSF t shirt with Jimmy Saville on it wearing our logo please

1 Like

Can we also make a logo. And its a triangle

I’m not saying you can do shit things and just apologise and then it’s ok, but it kind of is isn’t it? if you learn from it?

Fair enough actually Varg is unapologetic.

I agree that growing up and becoming more tolerant is good for everyone. I wish Mr Banton the best of luck and hope he can make up for his past mistakes.

burzum tees are the new joy divison shirt for hip kids

Not t-shirt material then.

Spring/Summer dropped.

Loads of that looks like the loud coloured shite you could imagine a kids TV presenter wearing.

Some of the trou are the sickest, wish I could afford those white cargos or the trackies!! Those nike AF1s are sick too.

Overall I’m feeling it.
Liking this Barbour colab in the lookbook but not in the preview.

1 Like

I think you’ve forgotten what Summer colours are like at this point in winter. Summer is meant to be loud and fun.