Tattoos

Come on lets be honest, that’s pretty sick when you see a timewarp gentleman from a bygone era in the pub.

3 Likes

I like to think young people are thinking that when they see my middle-aged ass sitting there wearing basically the same shit I did when I was a teenager.

2 Likes

Im ahead of the curve on that one

1 Like

If the hypothetical dude in the pub still had a sharp suit on and was rocking the full regalia, I’d agree. He’d be still into his thing and that’s cool - but he’s not. He’s just got that one thing that doesn’t sit right with the rest of his attire that’s a throwback to 40 years ago. People can and will do what they like and not give a fuck though, fair play.

1 Like

What’s the cut-off point for people stopping dressing like what they’re into? What age do you have to stop caring about stuff?

You can get shit hair cuts, shit clothes, shit shoes and shit tattoos.

It doesn’t mean that all hair, clothes, shoes and tattoos are shit.

1 Like

No age limit for most people.

Steve Cab however.

2 Likes

You hit the nail on the head, you can dress like what you are into forever, but you have to cover a tatt with another one or laser it if you are not into it anymore. Are you into the same bands/clothes/anything that you were when you were 10?

This.

He’s making it weird now

I sort of get your point.

I got my first tattoo at 30, but I wanted them from about 20. And if I’d got what I wanted at 20 (band lyrics), I would probably think it was dumb.

Life is full of regrets though - and having a picture on my skin that I might think is silly in 20 years is probably less worse than something like getting married to the wrong person, or taking on a mortgage you can’t afford, or losing all your money in Bitcoin, in the scheme of things…

4 Likes

Not when I was ten, no. There’s a lot of crossover from age 14 or so onwards though.

Do you burn old photographs of yourself too? This is crazy talk.

edit: Still into Pet Shop Boys so there’s one off the top of my head.

“Life is full of regrets though - and having a picture on my skin that I might think is silly in 20 years is probably less worse than something like getting married to the wrong person, or taking on a mortgage you can’t afford, or losing all your money in Bitcoin, in the scheme of things…”
Yeah, that’s true. It’s not important really. I’m going to get off my soap box now as I’m winding people up, and me saying I don’t like tatts isn’t adding anything positive to this thread.

2 Likes

The good thing about old photos is that you aren’t parading them about on your person at all times and you can choose who gets to see them, usually.
Anyway, sorry for the hijack and talking shit on tatts. I’ll keep my opinions to myself on stuff like that in the future, not sure why I even felt the need to share it in the first place.

1 Like

Fixed

images (1)

4 Likes

I see getting a tattoo as treating yourself to a jewel and an art piece at the same time.

I got my first tattoo when I was 35. It was some birds I drew that ended as a wheel graphic for a local company. My dream as a kid come true. Am I gonna regret it? No.
I have 13 tattoos now but you can’t really see any of them unless I’m wearing a tee with short sleeves. I get them for myself, even if I’m probably a victim of a current trend, or a product of my environment as a 39 year old skater in 2021, which I’m ok with. When I’ll look back at them, they’ll remind me of good times.

I find it weird when I see 22-year-olds with both forearms done and nothing else but who am I to judge that? Let them live. Some people who see me at the swimming pool probably feel the same about me.

@BvS @LAB99 Check https://www.instagram.com/ignorant_tattoos/ if you like ignorant style. I don’t like everything that gets posted there but I’ve definitely discovered quite a few rad artists through it.

2 Likes

A thing that really bums me out is seeing people that age with neck tatts, or worse, face tats and nothing else. Like, what sort of legit tattoo artist is tattooing some 21 year olds face who has no other major work?

That’s definitely something to regret (lol now I’m arguing against my own position)

1 Like

Full body suits used to be a commitment or a statement now theyre just proof that you had money and time to sit in a tattoo chair for however many hours.

I skated with a guy in Hemel who had more or less full coverage at 19. He’d got his mum to consent to him getting his first ones underage and went fucking mental, neck, face, hands the lot.

Id imagine as a tattooist theyd see it as “someone is going to do it, I might as well get paid and do a good job rather than leave it to a scratcher”

I never plan to get a tattoo but each to their own. I know I’d get bored of it or would hate another persons work on me but I did watch a ton of these one night, it’s interesting to hear tatt artists talking about what they would and wouldn’t do individually.

1 Like

Got sent this on WhatsApp, will post in the Olympic thread too .

3 Likes

Aw hell nah. Who gets a mandala on their arse?!?

The portrait he had of his mum on his chest was incredible because the position of it over his nipple made it look like she has one massive massive tit out.

Him and Sheckler have some absolute howlers on em

4 Likes