The Board at Home Thread

I’m really feeling the cabin fever today. I’ve just been really fatigued all day even though i slept for like 9 hours last night, and it’s now the evening but it feels like it was only just yesterday evening. Like, I literally just cooked dinner and now I have to cook dinner again.

100 in a day for the first time.

I started learning Blender (after many years of 3ds Max) and it seems proper good. Maybe I’ll have time to start again when all this blows over.

Couple to add (I’ve not tried these yet) :

Davinci Resolve for video. A fair few pros seem to rate it over Premiere, and the free version has pretty much everything you’re likely to need.

Darktable sounds like a pretty good Lightroom alternative, but I’m so ingrained with Lightroom I’ll probably never get around to it.

1 Like

Not Mick Jagger then?

Lillyhammer is one of the best series on Netflix if you’ve not watched it. It’s a weird mix of English and Norwegian with subtitles but doesn’t take away from it.

1 Like

also Bruce Springsteen’s lead guitarist is the main character.

I never understood how he basically doesn’t speak any Norwegian but understands most of what is said to him. It’s an odd thing.

Decent enough show though.

Yeah but it works because we don’t understand it either maybe? In any case it’s a lovely show.

Yep exactly, I’m talking about the guy tom morello replaced on tour because of filming commitments

1 Like

Totally. A couple of big studios I occasionally work with use it for grade and edit, it integrates ok with Premiere via xml export I think. I certainly need to get a bit more fluent with it, and Fusion, Unity, Unreal Engine and Notch… FFS. It never stops.
Any game devs here? Need to pick up some basic tutorials with Unity and/or UE - they’re both being used more in events, concert visuals and film production for backdrops, like The Mandelorian.

(Not mine)

Just realized that Leffe is 6.6%.
ooops.
Think I just found a load of footage of Gustav Tonneson as a 13 year old child.
Heavily pissed though, so who knows?

8 Likes

Post! Post! Post!

I always used to sleep well after a couple of pints of Leffe.

1 Like

The skate industry is about to implode in on itself right?

Depends how many offline shops survive and how much debt the smaller companies have I suppose.
I wonder how many pros aren’t being paid.

You could ask that any time.

4 Likes

Never drunk it before - there was loads of it left in Tesco’s so I bought a few.
Didn’t bother checking the % until I’d had two last night and fell over ha ha.

I think it’s Gustav - from a SHIT skateboards demo in 2005 - I’ll upload it to Insta later on today.

2 Likes

Actually - I’ve started going through tapes and posting a load of raw old footage (if you’re on Insta and follow me, you’ll have seen.) I was thinking though, as my account is private (work reasons) and some of you aren’t on Insta - should I upload some of it and post on here?

8 Likes

Yes and yes.