The Board at Home Thread

Sounds a cools idea. Spent the night in a canal boat in Bath. Found it in air B&B and thought it would be an experience.

I read this and I was all like fuck yes I would love to do this.

And then I read that. :smiley:

It turns out I like plumbing.

4 Likes

Done a full food audit (items x use by date)

My goal is to not go to a shop for the entirety of this thing.

I think I can live well here. My next big shop is on the 8th. Just got to keep checking the asda app every few hours for the next slots.

7 Likes

I love it but it does come with some headaches that you don’t really think about. There are shitter options too, the least hands on being the poo goes into a big tank then every few months you bring the boat to someone at a marina and give them a tenner to suck it all out with a hose - i havent got mine set up properly for this yet but one day soon.

Nice one Alan Partridge.

3 Likes

“Plumbings just fucking Lego innit, water Lego…”

2 Likes

Sorting the James Bond VHS tapes are next.

3 Likes

Thank fuck you’ve got no Sunny D on that list huh

3 Likes

For anybody that has a biscuit craving but doesnt want to go to the shop these are my go to quick coffee companion. Super easy and you can replace ingredients easily enough.

ginger nuts Freshly Baked – Darina's Saturday Letter

you can swap the butter for spread to make them vegan and the golden syrup for honey/maple syrup/anything sweet and liquidy. Make sure to undercook them and leave on a rack to finish and stick them in the oven as walnut sized balls as she says, don’t flatten them, they will do i themselves.

I love biscuits

4 Likes

Sick, gonna try this now, thanks!

We made a batch of apple and carrot juice the other day and made a cake out of the leftover fruit pulp. Just mix some flour, sugar and an egg into the fruit pulp and bake it up. Few sliced apples and a sprinkle of cinnamon on the top. Worked really well.

1 Like

Also, anyone in London still struggling to find flour you can still find it in some of the ethnic shops and butchers etc. Those all seem totally fully stocked still, and no queues to get in. Might get myself a nice rack of ribs to put in the slow cooker later.

2 Likes

All shops are ethnic. Everybody has ethnicity.

No ethnic shops are next to the indigenous shops.

Is this “No ethnic shops are next to the indigenous shops” or “No, ethnic shops are next to the indigenous shops”?

Makes you think.

3 Likes

Haha, oops. I could of wrote it better :wink:

1 Like

Ouch. Well played…

5 Likes

Started archiving some old DV tapes fron 99 onwards. I have a few bangers captured from 99-04, but not so much of the session or every trick landed. Holy fuck it’s tedious. And boring. Ugh. 1 tape down, 186 to go…

3 Likes

Started digitalising my 8mm from 1994 to 2000, and yeah. It’s incredibly fucking tedious. Still though, needs to be done.

Gotta have something there for the aliens that come to explore our barren, decimated Earth in a couple of years.

3 Likes

What kind of 8mm stuff do you have?

What’s the best way to go about digitising mini DV tapes? I have a load stored away (nothing significant, just teenage mates), but it’d be great to have it digital.

I don’t have a video camera anymore tho. Would it be easiest to buy a second hand camcorder and some cables to then run it into Premier?