The Contest Thread

Haha, yeah that too.

An absolute farce and waste of time for all involved.

Maybe we should put some effort and money in when we have a genuine shot at qualifying…

De Cuna needs to keep training for 2024.

the only qualifying event there should be would only be to decide who we’re sending.

Hopefully it would have failed by 2024 as it’s not as spectacular to watch as the now acrobatical snowboarding, only skaters know what they’re watching. Then it’s dropped and all the bandwagon cunts fuck off , the corporates show thier true colours and drop everything and everyone.
Skating returns to skaters and the seas of pushy parents training little Timmy for a gold will have to aim for SLS instead or something else with a trophy for the shelf.

1 Like

Alex D is placed at 30 in the world. Surely thats enough to qualify?

Probably should be but I think there’s only like 4 from each continent or country and there’s too many before it gets to him.

It’s pretty good but those 29 other yo-yo’ers must be shit hot.

Les you’re probably at least top 30 welsh skaters?

I think if there was a skate competition and all the skaters in the U.K. were forced to enter I’d probably finish in the bottom 20% if it happened tomorrow.

1 Like

Not even a chance

I sort of wanna write the serious answers here but I also feel like it’s a waste of time

1 Like

Actually, if anyone wants to know, they know where I am and I can fill you in on the facts

Depends what weight category I’m in.

I mean you’re probably #1 over 85kg.

2 Likes

I had to go full Warwick and convert that from heathen metric.

85kg…and the rest. I’ve started getting the bus now so now I have absolutely no exercise of any kind at all. I’m married so I can just pile out. I’m locked in.

4 Likes

dad bod only really sets in when the grom is around 18 months old. I signed up with the gym through work but obv don’t have time nor do I want the muscle mikes all laughing at my old janoskis.

fully refuse to give up red wine though.

3 Likes

Haha, signed up to a health club/gym at £80 a month and have been 5 times in the 2 months I’ve been a member.

Fuck my life.

£80 fucking hell they saw you coming

I went from I assume about 12 stone to just under 16 stone which started as soon as my ex got pregnant… got hit with the “You can’t just go skating and leave me here!” and so for a simple life just sat about eating easter eggs and got fat, while losing any muscle I had at all…

Went for a skate after my daughter was born, did a crook on a ledge, popped out and snapped my tail straight off…

Last straw came when I went to a country park and couldn’t go on the zip line because if you were over over 15 stone you bottomed out on the floor…

Took up boxing, went vegan, lost 4.5 stone and had my last fight at middleweight, went skating a week after my last fight and had the best skate I’d had in years, been skating again consistently since then.

Just saying any of you can ditch the dad bod with a bit of training and get back to progressing in skating, I’ve learnt loads of tricks that I couldn’t do 20 years ago and skating is more fun then ever, gyms are only going to be as good as your motivation, whereas an activity like boxing, BJJ, kickboxing, anything where you’re made to do stuff by someone else, is going to be way more beneficial, traditional gyms seem to always be full of bellends too, whereas I’ve had nothing but good experiences at any kind of boxing or martial arts gym.

3 Likes