The Contest Thread

Can thoroughly recommend gastric flu, 2 weeks of shitting water and I’m down to 68kg. Not even joking.

4 Likes

haha, I just had a 48hour thing and I can tell the difference but not much but last time I had a beasty one I lost loads ha. Horrible obviously and you don’t exactly come out of it healthy but it certianly makes a massive shortcut.

Well actually they saw me and my wife and it’s a ‘joint’ membership for £160.

I couldn’t say no.

As usual.

Could have 12 palace hoodies in a year for that price.

i’m fairly sure we had this discussion a few times in this thread already. all jokes aside, the Olympics aren’t going to harm skateboarding and we should try to support team GB (even if it’s Decunha). skating has survived various peaks and troughs over the years. i’d rather see new skaters at the park because they saw some horrible sanitized skating at the Olympics instead of endless scooter kids. we might even get some actual facilities and decent parks built off the back of it

Team GB will have one skater at the Olympics: Sky Brown. The country is going to go mental for Brown in August, mark my words! We will be hooked on Brown!

1 Like

The thought of Claire Balding having to try and explain skateboarding to herself on telly is actually turning my guts already.

Ahh, the ringer Sky Brown.

Sky was filmed at XC yesterday for blue peter , the hype has started. Looking forward to equal coverage of the rest of team GB on other shows…,:thinking:

2 Likes

Every switch trick:
“That’s like writing with your left hand… it really ups the difficulty and is one for the skateboard purists!”

Why should anyone else get equal coverage? The others are unlikely to qualify and are not 11.

That’s so hard. Now I know how people feel who want to support the Labour Party but don’t support Corbyn. “I like the idea, but him? Nah.”

3 Likes

Hahaha :ok_hand:t2:

People don’t even know why they don’t support Corbyn. But people definitely know why they wouldn’t support Dechuna.

3 Likes

rofl that’s brilliant

Bloody immigants, staying over there and representing us at the Olympics

Just for the purists out there worried that the olympics will make the skatepark overrun with robot kooks.

I went to Pioneer in St Albans the other day and there was 20-30 absolute misfits doing weird shit in weird clothes who definitely did not want to be comp robots or Olympic heroes.

It was awesome and refreshing and reminded me of being a kid who just wanted to skate.

2 Likes

Yeah pioneer is a rad mix of moshers and tech . Charlie spelzini rips that park and the kids follow his mosh/wild gnar style.
However the abc skate school there could be where the Olympic kids are hiding

1 Like

sports personlaity of the year just now - sky brown just pushed through the crowd, ollied up a ramp onto the stage and circled round gary lineker a couple of times… he bigged her up for 2020 and finished with “the sky is the limit”

cut to claire baldwin in the other part of the set saying how much she is looking forward to sky in the olympics!

if she gets a medal (and bronze is certainly possible) i am calling it now she will be a nominee for this award next year, and may even win it.

(definitley should have been Dina Asher Smith or KJT this year - quite surprised the cricket guy got it)

She’s not British though really is she.