The Contest Thread

As soon as I had been to a couple of meetings I realised what a shitemare it would be to actually get the job.

3 Likes

shitemare is a great word.

Good work! Looks like the best outcome!

We’re potentially sending a 12 year-old:

Is she any good? Understandably, I’ve never heard of her.

She was on the main 6pm news. She’s as good as all those little girls I guess. Early grabs and airing out of things. Better than me, obviously, but I’m sure there’s one of them on Instagram every day. When it’s working.

She was at simple session this year, actually pretty good. She can 540 and blast out of BMX jumps etc. Got the feeling she’ll be like sheckler as in she started real young and will be able to skate real good when she gets bigger. As soon as she loses the little kid style.

Are we going to end up getting a Shaun White style situ with A Giraud or some new kid?
Basically sanitising the whole competition side of skateboarding.

That ten year old is nearly taller than Dechuna

I’m sure I’m like 1% Nigiran, wonder if I can skate for them?

Hallford and Beckett look stoked!

1 Like

I’m amazed that I actually know who (most of) the selected are. Wasn’t expecting that tbh.

Who’s the approved equipment supplier?

What happened to that other American dude who was going to skate for team GB. Can’t remember his name

Clive Dixon. He tried this and died:

In all seriousness, I don’t think he was good enough. He entered the Rio Street League comp but Decunha finished above him.

Edit: for the record, he isn’t dead. He’s got a part coming out soon with footage of the above in.

1 Like

Is it cynical of me to assume that Team Japan didn’t want lil miss early grab?

They’ve probably got a six year old as good as her.

Will the team have to skate those team-branded boards? Is it a big sticker over their regular board?

They didn’t necessarily not want her, just that qualifying for Japan would potentially be a lot more competitive. Here she only has to do a few more tricks than Nurding and she becomes next in line for the British throne.

1 Like

dude on the right: 18 or 38?

Hard Paperound ennit

1 Like