The Contest Thread

Skimmed through some of that. Pretty cool how they have a disabled contest at the start, never seen that before in skating.

Watched some of the womens bowl final too, the standard is pretty high by those Japanese girls! :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Oski currently winning men’s park. He’s the only non-American in the finals!

1 Like

Zion’s last run, wowzers!

2 Likes

That was crazy good!

1 Like

Can someone clarify who is actually going to be in the olympics from the UK? Is it just Sky Brown?

To be fair she could enter for team GB men’s park and street too.

6 Likes

Yes. Decunha may still have an outside chance but he didn’t do that well this weekend.

It doesn’t have to be anybody. Countries aren’t guaranteed a place. That being said Sky Brown is probably one of the highest chances GB has of getting a gold medal in any sport.

1 Like

He’s not contest standard. Simple as that. Looks at the finals , even the semis. He’s way off coming anywhere close to that level.

It will be the next generation who just want to skate for a medal that will make it to a final in the next 5 years for team england

Eh? This ain’t the 90s.

1 Like

What are we good at? IDK I don’t watch the olympics tbf, thought we sucked

Most things these days, especially swimming and cycling. Never going to beat the US or China and that but the days of us celebrating a single gold medal are long gone.

We’re pretty good at sailing.

https://britishsailingteam.rya.org.uk/tokyo-2020/

Dina Asher-Smith ran a good 100m race yesterday in Gateshead. Tom Pidcock is on amazing form; not sure if he’s doing the road race or MTB.

I’m just stoked Oski will be there.

2 Likes

Just looked it up and we were actually 2nd in the medal table last time, just pipping China.

Prior to the Dew Tour, he was ranked 32 in the world for men’s street. There was an outside chance he could get to the Olympics, given the limits on the number of entrants from one country (3 per country). I’m not sure if he’s fucked it given he didn’t get into the semifinals.

Edit: he’s ranked 32 in the world currently.

All props to him for trying and getting to go to all the events but there’s no way he’s ever gonna be standing next to nyjha or Aurélien in contest finals.

In any sport?

Cycling wants a word.

1 Like

…and most of the other ones.

1 Like