The Contest Thread

Well you can for sports that are a bit shit like this woman above did.

Not every country is in it but every continent has to be represented. Apparently the Ugandan team are ranked second in Africa at the moment

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPdwPGPlHss/?utm_source=ig_embed

6 Likes

The south african contigent couldn’t be more polarised. Park rep Dallas O, possibly around 45 years old, runs a charitable skate holiday camp in the mountains called Indigo which touring pros always used to visit for 411 rural shots and Brandon V, rich kid with his own private concrete park on his parent’s huge farm.

In the girls section Mel W hardly scored a point in qualifications so that’s a bit weird and Boipelo is actually a success story of the Maloof legacy - she grew up skating one of the parks left behind from that Money Cup series.

No diss on anyone, just interesting how different everyone is.

1 Like

Look at this fucking shit!

1 Like

Haha! Gross. Can’t wait to see the GB X Jack Wills uniforms!

Side note: the skateboarding events start at 9:00am Japan time, which is 1am our time! Fumin’!

1 Like

We should all get on a zoom call and get pissed.

5 Likes

Yeah, I can’t really imagine a brand further away from whatever skateboarding is than PRL.

Yeah but these uniforms are for all of Team USA to wear, not just the skaters.

Yeah I realised that after I’d posted. Still weird but makes sense.

But I’m sure I saw some outfits a while back that were like brown chinos and tracky tops sort of thing - a bit more casual. Or was that GB?

I know. Ralph what were you thinking? The size of that pony is just plain vulgar.

Might have been the Nike skate team uniforms:

Ah yes that was it.

So how does that work then? Were those Nike uniforms for pre-Olympic events for their athletes? And then when it gets to the actual Olympic all the USA athletes wear Ralph Lauren instead of individual sponsor uniforms?

Or is RL just for ceremonies etc? Because obvs they don’t make actual sportswear

Also, looks like Sky Brown will be wearing Ben Sherman at the Olympics opening ceremony:

RL just for the opening and closing ceremonies. Sport-specific uniforms (made by other brands) for events, at least that’s what I believe.

1 Like

In the nicest way possible a uniform for some of the riders we were putting forward wouldnt have been the worst thing in the world

1 Like

Not every ‘athlete’ will be at the Ceremonies due to covid. There’s rule about when you can fly in dependent on when your comp and practice starts. Women’s Park is on 4th Aug so no Ceremony for our two.

1 Like

Are you going?

just gone back a bit to try and catch up on this thread

the thing @Scurbrampwoody posted back in May with the guys on the Dew tour doing no-point runs to let the other guy win was awesome. i fully understand why people aren’t happy with the “skateboarding shouldn’t be in the Olympics” crowd but Pedro summed it up fairly nicely there

on the other hand, so stoked to see Andy Anderson at the Olympics. would be so awesome if he got a medal

1 Like

I read a thing on the BBC saying they have to do runs to music apparently

1 Like

no. way. is it going to be like figure skating? AA would kill it