The Contest Thread

Man, you would have freaked out at the 90s.

4 Likes

So who on the bbc coverage is going to do the commentary for the skating to interpret it to average Joe?

Claire Balding trying to equate everything to horse jumping. Going to be great.

1 Like

Who will be the first to do a horse kickflip? Fingers crossed we see it in Tokyo.

2 Likes

Expect virtually everything to be in slow mo all the time or the tricks they’re doing will be meaningless to the viewers. Like a horrible Berrics edit.

Lol, I know, but that was more like brands like Polo and Hilfiger being adopted by youth subcultures right?

Whereas this isn’t that:

Nothing against those brands at all. It’s just a very different vibe, even with high fashion creeping in to skateboarding

1 Like

Unfortunately not. Covid.

Ed Leigh, Tim warwood and luckily Marc Churchill

So google tells me Tim Warwood is a snowboarder and Ed Leigh is just an all round sports commentator? Really?

Tim Warwood is the Red Bull Soap Box Race guy.

Seems to have done skiing and cycling too, and he’s made a showreel for his YouTube channel.

Let’s try to get this to 350 views, folks!

1 Like

I was hoping it was a typo and LA meant Tim Westwood, just for the comedy value it would bring.

“Get your hustle on, baby! We’re built for that! Bow down and kiss the ring! Understand that!”

6 Likes

klaxon

4 Likes

explosion

3 Likes

Standard Westwood disclaimer: That guy ruled on Radio 1. Peel followed by Westwood was the shit.

2 Likes

Team USA want people to donate?!

https://usaskateboarding.com/pages/donate

“Take my $50, please, and make sure Nigel gets a bit of sniff for his first run”

1 Like

Any one got bets down the Olympics just get cancelled half way through due to mass outbreaks in then Olympic village?

Watching the news last night and it looked like the most underwhelming gathering ever .

1 Like

Try sponsorshipenquiries@cariumafootwear.com

2 Likes

Holy shit imagine being the person that has to handle that account. Imagine the things you would see.

Let us all pray that Sky stays safe!