The Contest Thread

Hinson takes it. Wearing a Titan skate tool T-shirt!

1 Like

Because Olympics. Calm down.

1 Like

I’ve watched the first 2 runs so far and I’m baffled by the scoring.

The first guy was actively stinking and bailed everything.

Hinson did a super good run and stomped everything bolts. Front blunted the big hubba absolutely bolts. 360 flip lip a bar. Perfect too.

First guy scores like 25/100 and hinson got like under 60. Only 35 more or something.

Wat :man_shrugging:

Not on the tuna hate train as much as everyone else on here but I don’t understand how you can get that good and not be able to push properly. Also what tf is going on with that kid in the tie

1 Like

Not going to watch this but I need to see this tie.

One for Rodney, that’s Mullen not Trotter

1 Like

So the judges try and score everything against a global benchmark, ie. what would this run get if someone did it at the Olympics.

2 Likes

UK Andy Anderson with a helmet and a tie.

There was one guy who was wearing a T-shirt and it looked like it might have had a picture of his own face on. He was pretty good.

The guy doing the Penny impression seems like he’s pretty good. Bailed an otherwise pretty nice looking frontside flip…

The Scottish guy seems suprised he’s there. Potentially a good watch outside of a comp.

Watched the first round of runs.

Can’t bring myself to watch the rest.

Hinson > combined.

Stoked he was wearing Sports Direct Slazenger track pants.

2 Likes

OK that makes sense, but in that case that first run from the Andy Anderson clone should get a 2.5 not a 25.

3 Likes

Joe Hinson’s best. Newquay guy rips. Scottish guy most relatable. If I was judging this I’d just refuse to score Decunha.

The thing I’m left feeling most is a sense of nostalgia for when skate comps used to feature really good skateboarders, not just really competitive skateboarders.

I’m no expert on comps, I don’t watch many. When was the last good skate comp? Marseilles 1999 was a good one. All the X-Games and SLS shit seems to have killed the legit skate comp.

There’s been some good Tampa Pros and CPH open is always good if that counts.

1 Like

Everything in this photo is absolutely bizzare

11 Likes

British comp skating is a wild ride

2 Likes

Tampa is pretty watchable that’s true. CPH Open is a good shout that definitely still attracts good skateboarders.

The best thing to happen in contest skateboarding recently was the look on some young kids face when he didn’t win the best trick in vert at the x games for landing multiple 1080s and the gold medal was handed to someone else in front of him.

Which served him right for celebrating his tricks worse than late 90s Salabanzi.

1 Like

Just googled Arbor as hadn’t heard of them before… they make Longboards.

It’s wild how the most legit sponsor on that pap board is fucking Tech Deck