The Continually Updated Footage Thread

I think this is a really interesting subject as in what works and what doesn’t, etc.

I’m talking being flown out to the US, put up and paid for and driven around and see what he does

Darkstar don’t have the means to do that

Sound like some Joe Hinson superfan but I’m just quite interested by him. Someone out there doing really gnarly stuff on horrible spots with no significant backing (Darkstar and a Grey repost don’t really count) that isn’t something you really see too often

1 Like

Darkstar do. They sell a LOT of boards from my understanding. Just not in skate shops.

Dwindle do this thing where once a year, they take 5-6 am/flow guys from each brand to the US to skate together. Dale Starkie went on one. I’m pretty sure Daryll Dominguez went on another when he was flowed Almost.
It’d be good to see Joe as part of that for sure.

1 Like

Interesting, never knew that!

Guess the Darkstar name doesn’t do any favours, If he wasn’t from the UK I’d have never hit play

1 Like

There was a part on Thrasher last year (I think), and I watched it…thought it was pretty good, too. right at the end, the Darkstar logo came up.
I felt tricked. ha ha.

On another note, did you ever see that Lintell part where they use an old tooth as a logo? A couple of people separately mentioned that to me that they never knew he rode for Darkstar.
It was a Real part. Both had mistaken the tooth for a reworked Darkstar logo to fit Lintells gap tooth image.

2 Likes

This was it:

re: Wooden/fixed up-runs and run outs. I don’t need to see much of that. Leave a bit of mystery, or for the video geeks who are stop framing to see the bondo or tell-tale wooden run-ups.
Let people think it’s a good spot, only to have them find out how much work went into them when they go there to try something, or save it for the “raw footage” edit?
The edit had some gold in it, but it definitely suffered from the presentation. Mind you, you just have to look at that last Darkstar video to see what their standards are. Pretty dire.

Presume everyone has seen another ramp facemelter from Deedz.

3 fucking half cab flips afterwards. I think I need to go straighter when I try them (still haven’t done one yet), I’m carving into them too much, just want to do them like Shier on banks :slight_smile:

If I escaped to the country and had the 1.5 mil budgets they have I would would want an exact replica of that bowl in my garden. It looks absolutely perfect.

Thats like the Playstation Skatepark little mini ramp in bowl form. Incredible.

3 Likes

Featuring everyone’s favourite Hyun Kummer, I chose the safe option and watched it on mute.

Many, many years ago when we’d pull all-nighters in the Sidewalk office we fell into a routine of calling up US skate companies and talking bollocks for as long as we could before they hung up.

Horse has started uploading some of these prank calls to YouTube.
Here’s the first one.

13 Likes

Holy moly.
Fonejacked.
Looking forward to hearing more of these.

Paper, just paper.

Siiiick! I still have the MP3 files of these.

DUSS!

4 Likes

‘Bounty Hunter Named Terry’ sounds amazing

2 Likes

‘Mr Toad rings DVS’ is a personal favourite

1 Like
3 Likes