The Continually Updated Footage Thread

That first trick is sooo nice.

Etnies Album is now on redbulls website

https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/films/AP-1YE3ZWX552111

This new Pass-Port clip is unsurprisingly fantastic.

Disappointed with the lack of Josie M footage in that.

That little girl from Brazil is fucking amazing though.
She very nearly made everyone else look shit at the weekend - textbook backsmiths down rails at 11.

Same girl as this…

1 Like

Yeah sucked that Josie didn’t have more. Must be a reason?

Hayley Wilson is very dope. Like her skating!

Enjoyed that, surprised to see Elissa skating as good as ever at 43. That Japanese women who skated SLS in a Coca-Cola helmet is really good aswell

Hayley went in. Good variety of tricks , good tempo , looking forward to more from her.

Was a bit of an anti climax for me on the whole. I thought it was gonna be proper game changing, like the swoosh setting the bar at a new level but still nothing beats Marisa’s Zero Part…

I thought Leticia skated with the most confidence and speed and yeah agree with Naan, Aori also skates really well. Hope she shoots more street stuff but feel it likely they’ll all be holding back for the contests and to make it to Tokyo without injury.

If Leticia dresses less like Nyjah and more like a conventional ‘skateboarder’ she would be so much more enjoyable to watch.

I can’t handle the vests and leggings look.

2 Likes

Also some questionable ‘hands on wall’ on Elissa’s last trick haha. I will probably just about give her a pass though…

I couldn’t agree with you more. Also see less teeth sucking

Thought Gizmo was rad. Good skating, solid filming, great soundtrack. Although it would have been interesting to see a woman direct this.

There is something incredibly whack about Nike waiting until Elissa is 43 to give her her shine. Toy Machine and, latterly, Baker apart, I feel like the industry cast Elissa out into the wilderness a bit and it took for girl skating to become profitable for the shoe companies to do something with her. It’s not like she’s not been around.

And last on this, Vans have an all-female edit coming out soon too. This is a good time for female skating despite the corporations circling.

Would have been interesting, but would it have been good?

Didn’t she have a shoe on etnies back in the day?

She also spent time on zero and had footage in strange world wearing blazers. It does seem strange for Nike to have her for 10 years before actively promoting the fact that she rides for them.

I’m super stoked to see more women and more diversity in skateboarding but Jason Hernandez’s work really isn’t my cuppa.
Plus I think Toy Machine having Elissa in Welcome To Hell and Zero having Marisa in Strange World were more inclusive and a step closer to some kind of equality than those all-female vids.

LA is right. This part is beast!

Also shout to Alexis Sablone’s WHL part.

1 Like

Have you seen this section? It came out like 2 years ago. She skates to Nirvana and it’s badass.

Starts at 1:28ish

1 Like

Yeah mate that’s a good part. That Strange World one is really gnarly though and it came out ten years ago haha. Fucked!