The Continually Updated Footage Thread

Haven’t cut a skate clip in nearly a year, so thought I’d put together some offcuts from a project I’m working on. Should be done by the end of the year.
2 Likes

numbers clip was really fucking good

1 Like

Why is the numbers clip called Tony Mag?

Antonio (Tony) + Magzdah (Mag). Play on words. Or at least that’s how I read it. Probably a nod to H Street, but I much prefer to think that Koston and Guy were sending a secret love letter to Osiris instead.

1 Like

unless its a trick for trick reshoot of lick i don’t want to know.

(jk i would happily watch that antonio fella making a toastie)

Would love to know why Numbers don’t tend to use music in their edits.
It makes for an edit that has no pace, and to me feels like a rough cut.

Maybe they can’t afford to…

Oddly I was walking home last night after being out for Sunday dinner, I bumped in to a skater mate who I’d not seen in a few weeks. He films and edits stuff on the local scene. We got talking about edits out at the moment. He told me to go watch the new Numbers one. It was the lack of music and keeping an edit as simple as you could that had got him hyped.
It’s like having a great summer evenings skate with your mates, getting home and looking back through a few clips you’d filmed on your phone and remembering what a fun time you’d had. Warm, light nights, messing about. Not Ty rolling up with dollies and Hollywood lights, shouting ‘Action’ and spending three weeks putting it to a song.

2 Likes

They do use music in the single rider sections.

Surely the lack of music in these is exactly for the reasons you described, they are actively trying to make it feel like a rough cut, documenting being out and about with them team etc. Thought that was fairly obvious, I personally quite like them, can’t get enough of Durao

2 Likes

Agree, I like the looseness of it. Could do with the camera cutting to Koston’s goofy face and quips after a trick. Just skate Eric, stop trying to be funny.

Another banger from Sirus here.

I’ve only watched Kyron’s section and enjoyed that.

I found myself wanting a little bit more from it on the audio front, even if it’s adding music for only a portion of the edit to break it up a little?

And yeah it was obvious, I just don’t think it adds to giving them much of an identity. When thinking of brands/skate videos that you like, there’s always going to be the memory of the soundtrack alongside the skating/visual production.

I suppose but at the same time I think its been established by now Numbers identity is almost having no proper identity, these raw edits are the only thing close to cohesiveness they’ve had.

1 Like

Good skating and filming but really don’t get the grading he’s done to it, everything just looks really dull and washed out

Also VHS effects and the picture within a picture thing is so played out, Sirus obviously seems like a guy who takes filming/editing pretty seriously and it’s a shame he doesn’t develop his any kind of aesthetic of his own and the only ‘flairs’ so to speak are some shitty Palace/ Strobeck rip off stuff

Isn’t it the filming style and dreamy music which makes his edits distinct?

That new edit might be also a little old now - it features a pre-baby Nurding who now no longer reps Vans. I think the effects are forgivable, his style is more settled now.

Sirus’ transition filming is absolutely fantastic.

This was actually pretty good. As Haven said, Durao is just really enjoyable to watch. Has that air of unpredictability about every trick he does.

Richard Angelides’ nordic love-child does some cool stuff too, but he needs to lose the baseball jersey.

is this all one spot? mental if so !

jokes the little lad at the end has a dc tee on in what was essentially a nike sb advert