The Continually Updated Footage Thread

11 Likes

Yeah I saw both those switch pressure under flips and thought wow.

1 Like

lotsa absolutely bananas stuff in that. pushing things forward for sure

1 Like

I know we make or break people’s careers on here. Am I correct that was 1080 kid from years ago?

Either way that was amazing. First part was so sick, but I was expecting mega stinking vert / mega ramp when it started. Bigspin back t shuv on a vert ramp, switch frontside tail grabs, and his ended was a massive switch shuv on vert ramp. Amazing.

Next level. Everything was popped clean and with smoothness, and considering the madness of a lot of them, that just makes it extra crazy. Like you’d let a bit of sketch landing slide with most of them but nope, all done so styled.

Wow absolutely insane skating and filming. Loved it.

He was at that comp I commentated on last weekend, was thinking how small the course must feel to him. Also the filming, Chris Gregson is so good.

Never seen this before. Some mad old UK video featuring some of the old Panic and Blueprint riders and also @Spanky!

1 Like

https://ukskateforum.co.uk/t/uk-skate-video-archive/650/82

Abp

2 Likes

I’m actually in disbelief over this part. I’ll forget it exists in 3 days but fuck me that was absolutely wall to wall insanity.

1 Like

The editing at 1:43 really reminded me of another video. Was there a similar sequence in Mind Field?

5 Likes

Probably, it feels very much that way.

I’ve got to admit the washed out colour grade looks pretty shitty in this. A lot of those spots are already dusty and beige, there’s no need to take out any more contrast!

1 Like

The photo stuff in this looks really bland and contrived. Kinda needed work to liven it up a bit, I think.
Everyone knows he is a model but then he’s in ditches doing the dirty work, so why make the photos so clean?

I dunno.

I hate skate parts where you can’t hear the skating. I also think things like a slomo front blunt of a smallish bank to wall come across as really unaware of the level out there.
The boy needed a lot more fisheye to liven it up…if you are gonna emulate Mindfield, then you got to remember how much fisheye is in that video.

Anyway…lovely chap. Not a massive fan of his direction but I do enjoy the insta nuggets here and there of perfectly executed dream mini ramp tricks.
Cool that he has the brand as an outlet for footage…just would have rather have seen a Whitlock filmed version of this.

1 Like

Certainly looks like it’s been made to be shared by GQ rather than Thrasher.

2 Likes

I thought it was sick. Nords shreds

3 Likes

I enjoyed it as well, he makes all those bank tricks look good.

2 Likes

I mean, could have been longer with more tricks. Particularly for a going pro part, the ratio of skate:lifestyle shots was in the wrong direction. But I very much enjoyed the skating which was there.

Absolutely, 110%.

1 Like

That edit was everything I’d expect from a Sovrn video. Fucking crap.

1 Like

I had a visceral and audible reaction to the fakie V up the ledge at Pulaski at 3:30

3 Likes