The Continually Updated Footage Thread

Well I for one never knew where that mid 90s house sample came from, so now I can rest easier knowing that SaTB have contributed more to techno than I thought possible.

1 Like

I wonder how much of a nightmare it is getting the money for music rights, going through the adidas lawyers to get the song you want (representing their company)? Do adidas have deals with certain labels, so some music on others you’ll never be able to get?

This is why I don’t touch the music thread with a 50 foot shit stick.

Great song and goes great with that great section.

12 Likes

Adidas time limit their videos release. There are a few that have disappeared from YouTube and I can only assume it is down to time limited rights for the songs.

4 Likes

It’s likely that it is a bit easier getting rights to an artist whose music is used commercially on the regs than it is from a small artist who is a struggle to track down.

I bet half of those bigger bands have no idea what their music gets used for and just sign off when the publisher asks them to…

On the other side of the coin…Thrasher would have been the one getting the rights here as they are the video publisher. That doesn’t mean adidas weren’t footing the bill, though.

1 Like

All true I’d still think adidas would keep an eye on anything going out with their name and logo on it and it’d need too be given the thumbs up from above from somewhere.

Anyone checked out this Heck Ride ‘B-Roll’ series? A bunch of filmers have uploaded raw footage from loads of different skaters/sessions. Pretty good!

https://youtube.com/channel/UCDDFzBqr3azWbYBc1PM_NNw

The idea of a music publisher, who takes care of licensing, goes back to when the music was actually publisher on paper, so that people could buy the ‘music’ (or the instructions on how to play it) and perform it in their own parlour - or drawing room - over afternoon tea or whatever people did before gramophones existed.

It’s still the publisher’s job to make sure the artist gets recouped for any use of their work, just that’s it’s really complicated now because most of the old rules haven’t been updated properly for digital.

Rumours by Fleetwood Mac keeps coming out on vinyl, all sorts of pointless deluxe versions, because the band didn’t sign a very good deal for CD duplication/sales for that recording at the time. The value in that album is in the vinyl versions, because they weren’t expecting CDs to take off so missed a trick.

3 Likes

Suciu part gets better the more I watch it, found it hard to take it all in at first. Some amazing lines

2 Likes

Agree with the Suciu music being a weird choice.
Didn’t really have any momentum to it, did it?
‘Blue Dog’ just made me think of getting pissed and skating the miniramp at the Blue Dog pub in Derby
Skating was really good though.
Highlight for me was the alley oop 270 to switch backlip on the airport banks near the end.
Very awkward.

5 Likes

100%.

Thrasher are the publishers. adidas are the the creatives on the content. The song would have 100% been the creatives choice.

Suciu part is absolutely incredible and I thought the music went well. Knox part was also amazing, loved the music too even though I kept thinking it was gonna turn into the Peanuts theme.

Suciu part obviously has harder and gnarlier tricks but Knox unlocked seemingly unskateable areas of that spot. Can’t really pick a favourite.

Not to be confused with the publishers of the recorded music!

1 Like

Totally.

There are minimum four parties involved in this.

• Brand & Creatives (adidas and the editor and filmers, for example)
  • Content Publisher (Thrasher)
  • Music Creatives (Artist/Group)
  • Music Publisher

Content publisher kind of has the least care in the sense of what the end product looks like (They’ll just want to uphold a standard). Their role is to make sure that all the content is legit/cleared, etc.

1 Like

Inspired to write a little piece about the Ryan Lee B-Sides.

Let me know your thoughts xx

5 Likes

That’s what you’d think, but then there’s these - Shoes - #6302 by visuals0und

1 Like

Definitely got the okay to go onto the production line from someone first. Not every shoe is designed with us in mind, as much as we’d like the world to revolve around what we thinks cool.

Not sure where to post this.

It’s not every day that a skate clip makes me want to mow the lawn.

14 Likes

Opening line, returning and seeing Love Park is “This sucks”

What a ruler.

9 Likes