The Continually Updated Footage Thread

Fun fact - when the first run of Limosine decks were on sale at shops in the States, quite a while before the official launch, they were just 917 boards with over sprayed graphics.

(I was hoping their board graphics were going to be better when they hit properly but seeing those available now, I guess not.)

6 Likes

Didn’t they quit 917 because they didn’t like Alex’s art direction or something? And then this is what they come up with instead

2 Likes

Yer what happened to 917?

Part of it but more Alex being a bit too ‘hands off’ as a boss.

1 Like

So just doing fuck all then.

Didn’t even turn up to the last video premier ffs.

4 Likes

“He could probably MC a kid’s birthday party no bother.”

Genuinely laughed out loud. Bravo.

2 Likes

Cyrus didn’t like Alex’s lack of direction or commitment, similar feeling with the rest of the team.
Cyrus did an interview with the slap pals and they asked him about Alex and 917 and he just sounded frustrated about the whole deal.
Then soon after in his bunt interview he said after the slap interview he thought ‘what am I doing at 917?’ And quit, and then the whole team quit and have started a new thing themselves.

Different circumstances leading to it but similar to blueprint and isle in some regards?

Edit: Logan the TM and filmer for 917 is running it (with max and Cyrus maybe?).
Logan held 917 together so it makes sense to just cut the dead weight and do it properly with people that want it to succeed.

Yeah graphics are shit though

2 Likes

Really glad I read half of that (the bits about the sections I have seen) instead of trying to work. Codeine suits you Sir. Looking forward to reading the rest of the article, so far it’s the best skate-related thing I’ve read in ages.

1 Like

The second half of it had some really really really good shit in it. Wtf is going on with the music, though?
Sounds like they decided to record a bunch of half cut homies during a karaoke session.

2 Likes

Last tune in that Limosine video was utter shite. Had to mute it which is annoying.

1 Like

Shite music is the hot new trend. It seems.

1 Like

Cyrus’ weakest footage of the last year or so?
I felt a little underwhelmed by that, save the max flip back nose blunt

Actually I’ll go one further and say it’s the weakest out of the 917 series (different name same crew and editor). Which is abit of a shame. Hopefully I rewatch when I’m less grumpy and find more merit in it.

Side note, I was thinking about the fountain stair spot yesterday. Has anyone nose manual, blunted or power slid up it before?

Forum crowd funder to get Gconroy over to the fountain spot to noseblunt up it!

Glad to be of service :wink: The Statue ‘Low Profile’ video is one that would be really easy for people to not bother with . I can only reiterate that it is definitely worth finding the twenty odd minutes for it.

This is fucking great

12 Likes

The shapes on that kickflip…for a guy 2 years away from 50. Jeez.

It’s 48 tricks long, too right?
Or did I miscount.

Only repetition is the surfy frontside grinds, but that would be the point of that line. Otherwise, I think its all different tricks.

1 Like

There’s almost too many examples out there of people skating so well at that kind of age now, it’s great to see.

2 Likes