The Continually Updated Footage Thread

I’m not talking strictly skaters, I mean overall. I guess It’s just something that I find weird. It’s not something I would put myself out there for. It just feels cheap and desperate.
If I had a message asking if I could do something cool for someone that’s totally different. I wouldn’t be looking at it as a money thing though.

I bet he actually says ‘etcetera, etcetera’ too

This just makes it easy for kids to get a cool personalised message. Nobody’s being forced to do it, and unless the request asks you to fuck a donkey or say something really stupid, it seems like good fun. It’s not exactly a lot of money!

I get you and I get it, and yeah the way you are looking at it, it’s great for the consumer but I just feel it’s demeaning from my persepctive.
It is what it is to whoever is putting themselves out there.

Brandon Biebel ≠ Ian MacKaye.

Are they the polar opposites?
I’d say more relevant would be Brandon Biebel and Julien Stranger. I’d wager that Julien would not be into that kinda thing. And Definitely not Ian Mackaye. Weirdly I was just listening to a couple of those Wugazi tracks earlier.

Something else Ian isn’t into.

Maybe so but there are some cool mashes in there. I guess we can’t all be on the same page regarding everything.

1 Like

Weck has done absolutely loads.

https://www.cameo.com/weckingball

Yeah but Weck is an online character, his mindset is already about selling his image.
It’s almost more acceptable to me as it’s his character that is being sold, like if you had Hulk Hogan message you for your birthday. I dunno, it’s complicated haha

Fuck that we had one for free from the Birdman and he charges $250. Can’t beat that deal.

Weck has done 96, so that’s 2400USD in shout outs. Assuming Cameo takes about 25% and then tax after that he’s done maybe 1440USD.

Each video is approx 40 seconds long, so that’s about 64 minutes of work, which equates to about 1375USD an hour, take home pay. Assuming he does a 40 hour week that’s 2080 hours, which means after tax weck earns 2,860,000USD per year.

Probably.

3 Likes

need to sort new forum edit / meetup really !

1 Like

…how comes you’ve taken a month to retort in your round of add a trick but have time for maths gags?

2 Likes

Dude I’m working on it, it’s pissing with rain here and very few undercover car parks

Hmm…

1 Like

Actually checked out my work carpark so brace yourself, looks like a flatland spot

1 Like

Car parks are the greatest