The Continually Updated Footage Thread

Jarne is a madman. I hope he’s doing good, certainly looks like it. Ace!

3 Likes

That was great, first time I’ve ever watched it in full.

1 Like

The Thrasher player is so shit. Is that it now? Everything on their fucking website rather than YouTube. Fuck Thrasher for that, is the t-shirt money not paying the bills any more? Wankers. Really seems to have got much worse since Phelps passed. That hippy jump cover was garbage too.

Really? I can’t remember what it was (maybe Jarne’s new clip) but I looked for one of their super recent clips on YouTube and it was there.
I always go to their homepage then watch what seems interesting on their YouTube page.

Yeah same

Yeah I think they post to YT after a day or so

Right, that makes sense. I guess they keep it to themselves for a few days, but it’s annoying seeing whatever video it is all over the place, sitting down to watch it on the big TV and it not being up get. I know there are methods but I’m lazy. Lazy enough to wait a few days I suppose.

THIS. That guy is sooo fucking good and they choose a hippy jump. Weird.

3 Likes

Yes. 917 wasn’t on YouTube for a bit, and Lotties still isn’t. I guess the best stuff takes a bit longer.

Have not seen a mag cover in so long.
Thrashers player is shite though. The way it or the adverts around it jump when you scroll so you don’t know whether you’re cutting the top or bottom off the screen. A few times I have watched vids thinking that the filmer was missing the tricks but turns out I wasn’t seeing the very bottom of the screen. Filmers were still missing tricks though ha.

Thrasher post some stuff for a day or so (or forever) on their site, but quite a lot of content goes live at the same time.
I “follow” thrasher on Youtube and their new stuff always pops up first…then I check the site to see if I’m missing anything good. Kinda rare, though.

917 was downloadable, which was cool. Although…still not watched it. :confused:

This not putting stuff on the YT is alienating a lot of people surely?! I normally watch vids on TV through the YT app on PS4, but to watch the Lotties vid had to use my phone, which definitely hinders the experience.

I don’t even have a computer at home, is that even a thing these days? Do people still sit in front of computers at home? Or rather TV’s and phones/tablets?

I think it’s to do with music rights. If the company/video-maker have used a song which Thrasher or whoever haven’t paid the full rights for, then that content will be on the Thrasher site and not on YouTube.

Thrasher are pretty good at uploading other content to YouTube around the same time as the site.

And yet if the people doing the video insist that it goes on YouTube, it’s not THAT hard to arrange a gratis license for a non-monetised video.

Source: Currently doing this for somebody.

See I don’t think Lotties or 917 are bothered about doing that. They know someone will rip it and upload it for them, they’re happy to let the internet do it’s thing and stay relatively hands off marketing wise. Kind of an anti-marketing strategy for the YouTube age. Doesn’t help you though!

Also circumvents any potential copyright issues with music

I enjoyed the 2nd 917 video music was a bit creepy though

Thought the music was well thought out, definitely compiled by someone that is really into music as a whole.

pretty much fantastic (on first viewing)

1 Like