The Snooker Thread

MAXIMUM!!! YESSSSS

Trump - mcgill game is absolutely banging!
Last frame was quality

1 Like

I need some more eyes. We havent had a deciding frame all tournament…

Yes! Decider.

Omg what a fluke. Why are the two best finishes happening at the same time!!

Right handed. Super thin. Max pressure. Class pot by Judd on the Brown.

…well that was a feast of snooker. Wow. Crucible drama at its best.

2 Likes

Look at the state of this table

When the pub pool table’s not put in properly

3 Likes

I can’t decide if the semi lineup is good or bad. On the one hand it’s incredible that 3 of them turned pro 30 years ago but maybe thats not a good thing. I dunno.

It’s not like they’re playing bad and scraping through. Mark Williams has been especially amazing.

I think I’ll lean towards…HYPED.

1 Like

It’s just part of the progression of the game I think. Not sure if age was often an excuse for older players when really the problem was them just not putting in the hours like they used to. But now some have realised that they can keep on getting better if they really want it. I don’t think the younger players around now are bad but rather that the class of '92 as they are now would wipe the floor with their younger selves.

1 Like

I think it is very often just an excuse. If it was so much harder as you got older then these guys (excluding Trump obviously) would’ve been totally blown away and out of the top rankings years ago.

What a match this is.

1 Like
2 Likes

14 all. Fuuuuuck. So good.

Jesus tittyfucking christ on a bike. This is as good as snooker gets.

1 Like

Come on Ronnie!

Ronnie’s been really on it this tournament. With the state of Trump’s long potting I can’t see him winning. In the long format if his head’s right Ronnie is very very hard to beat. Higgins in his prime would have ran him close or beaten him, and I’m not sure Trump is quite on top form either.

What the fuck was all that about???

Wrong choice in retrospect but he’s such a good potter I guess he fancied it.

edit:
sorry just catching up on this frame, was referring to Judd taking the black as frame ball. Some controversy with Ronnie again then! Don’t like Ronnie pointing at the ref aggressively. Fair play to Judd for knocking in that yellow after that and clearing up.

Apparently the ref called Ronnie out for swearing which he wasn’t happy about.

Oof this an absolute paddlin’

Nothing would give me more joy than Ronnie losing because he’s a petulant manchild but he’s playing so, so well, and Judd is totally bereft of form in this match.

Fuck this final is absolutely popping now

1 Like

Right c’mon. Snooker has dined out on the '85 black ball final too long. Lets get a 2022 version tonight.

So much pressure on both players now. Yes Ronnie is the goat and a 6 time world champion butnlosing this would leave a nasty scar in his career list.

If Judd can get to 16 all (or better?!) it’s going to be off the scale. Bring. It. On.

Edit: lol. All over?

I’m torn, would like Ronnie to win but really felt for Judd Trump during last night’s session. Don’t see him winning, though.

1 Like