The Snooker Thread

Ukrainian teenager Iulian Boiko into the second round of the Welsh Open, hope he wins it!

4 Likes

Ronnie v Ding on BBC now.

Damn this is good.

1 Like

Gone for

Judd (wifes bet) 9/2
Kyren Wilson at 16/1
Yan Bingtao at 22/1
The Hawk at 33/1

Neil Robertson is on fire atm and is 3/1(!)

Obviously i hope Ronnie takes it. Mark Williams would be a great second prize for me…

Jagger, if you’re out there make an account just for the world champs :trophy:

He’s in group chat.

1 Like

Ronnie 3-0 down. :grimacing:

Getting Gilbert in the first round is super tough. This could legit be the final.

Just tuned in. Looks like he’s got his shit together.

1 Like

Jesus Mark Williams is looking tasty. :fire:
7-0.

25 years to the day for one of the all time greatest feats in sport.

Amazing:

3 Likes

Mark Williams is playing absoutely unreal snooker. 6-0 already. The other boy can’t get his hand on the table.

Make that 7-0 with another century off the break. Fucking hell.

That was some frame just now between Selby and Yan. Almost an hour and a half, loved every minute of it.

3 Likes

That was an absolute feast.

Had so much going for it because on top of the inhuman length of that frame, Selby had played basically 3 perfect frames before it so there was a weird extra pressure from both sides. For Yan, to hold back the comeback and for Selby to crush his soul and take the last few frames.

It felt like whoever got that was going to go on and win the match. Classy finish by Yan in the end. I think him meeting Selby here was why i got him at 22/1.

Good god Selby is tough to watch though. Modern day Ebdon but thats why he’s so hard to beat.

Yan v M Williams in the QF. Oh fuck yes. :flushed:

2 Likes

If the Crucible crowd are so ‘knowledgeable’, why do they clap dead set plants? Does my head in.

I do fancy going to it though. Could well handle sitting there three pints pissed occasionally nodding off for an afternoon.

1 Like

Definitely a bucket list thing for me too. I imagine getting tickets is very very difficult but I’ve never looked into it…

2 Likes

Just appreciating flashy-looking shots. Even if they look nailed-on I still love a plant. Maybe because even if the balls were like bowling balls and the pockets had the same circumference as the Blyth Services roundabout I’d still miss.

I’d love to go to the Crucible as well. Went to see Alkaline Trio in 2011 at the Leadmill, went to spend the day there and accidentally walked into the Botanical Gardens, and almost stumbled into the fencing for the studio setup where the practice tables and that are. Gawped at Hazel Irvine chatting to John Parrot and Steve Hendry for a bit. My mate did not understand at all but I was basically having an adrenaline dump.

1 Like

If you can propel a cueball at another red you can pot a dead set plant. The aiming is (basically) already done for you.

If there’s even a slight bit of seperation between the balls, thats when it gets tough.

If you hit the first red. There’s my problem!

There was tickets still available when I checked last. Been to the snooker twice.

Never seen it so easy to pick up tickets, normally sell out when they get released.

2 Likes