The Snooker Thread

For me it’s that one or the one where he stops the game to check the prize money after potting the first red (then trying to walk away after getting up to the black).

Both of those will never be done again.

2 Likes

If he’s not at his best he doesn’t get as frustrated, has more of a B game now. All facets of his game were firing tonight though. I wasn’t sure but I can see him winning another world championship.

2 Likes

Yeah he plays better when he’s pushed against the wall. His decision making and restraint and safety play these days make him a much better player than when he was young. He’s a very human genius. I feel lucky to be able to watch it

1 Like

My bad. Was the first black.

The way he hammers that last black in as well. No one else would ever, ever, ever do anything like that.

3 Likes

Fucking ledge

Kings face is so funny

Watched his interview on Gary Neville’s Stick To Football show earlier this week and they brought this up. He said it was his least favourite 147 as he was playing with fear which was why he was going through it so quickly to get it over and done with

2 Likes

Such a dickhead move in terms of sportsmanship but it’s that level of arrogant self-believe that set the best of all time apart from the usual greats. If he was an also-ran he’d be reviled.

Favourite Ronnie moment

3 Likes

It’s like some comedian doing an impression of him, love it.

Well that just ruined the lazy bastards Monday afternoon

I don’t really like the event but it’s worth watching this.

Yeah I can’t get down with it. The shouting from the crowd is just annoying as well

1 Like

Yeah I watched the final and the crowd were shouting as Cao Yupeng was going for a long red. Seemed like they were booing. That kind of heckling at a snooker event is so incongruous. Snooker has struggled to attract wide audiences apart from the big events but I don’t think this is the solution. Snooker needs more top venues like the Barbican in York for the UK championship. The current Scottish Open is being played in a sports centre.

1 Like

Totally agree. It’s not Darts.

1 Like

Went to that snooker shootout a couple of times. It was decent, lots of the players just milling about in the crowd chatting. Really good atmosphere.

1 Like

Back in the room. Would like Zhang to beat Murphy but then again winning keeps him out of the commentary box.

1 Like

Lisowski beating Brecel is a bit surprising but happy to see him win. He’s great to watch when on form.

Yeah Brecel was way off the pace. Ronnie V Ding at 1 tomorrow. Then Williams in the evening. Love this tournament at this time of the year

Snowing outside. Unemployed. Ronnie on. Perfect