The Snooker Thread

Soz bod

1 Like

I looked up final ticket prices before the tournament but the only ones available were 170 quid.

That might be justifiable to watch Ronnie in beast mode in the flesh…

1 Like

I wouldn’t say that, he managed to not let him in for four frames but then he seemed to struggle to get over the line, I thought it could go either way by the end.

Have been to a few live snooker matches and not once been able to stay awake.

Snooker is way better on the TV than IRL because the camera angles are way better than what you can see in person.

Also I play against a few people who shoot century’s and so it’s not quite as wow factor.

Basically better on TV.

1 Like

I dunno, I don’t think that the scoreline reflects the fact that the match was actually pretty tense at the end. Selby wasn’t awful by the end and if he had pinched that last one to go 4-2 I could easily see one of Ronnie’s meltdowns.

Damn. Willie Thorne has just died aged 66. RIP :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

RIP

One of the 80s great moustachioed sports stars.
RIP.

RIP. Many a happy hour was spent skiving from college in his snooker club in Hinckley. Wasn’t he pretty much totally skint? I know he had major problems with gambling.

Yeah massive problem for him.

Oh neil robertson is so boring

1 Like

There’s a massive mural of him in my local club. Looks weird.

1 Like

Fucking wank too, look at his pensioner face.

I’ve met him a few times, he lives in cambridge. He got me and a mate some tickets to a tournament he was in. Good bloke, boring player.

Very very tasty game on the other side atm. Might multiscreen this one.

1 Like

Only a little clip.

You don’t stand in someone’s eyeline. That’s just a given. I’m not sure what the full story is because literally everyone knows to move so was he doing it to wind him up?

It hasn’t worked if so. He’s lost 6 on the bounce!

1 Like

If that isn’t the ultimate Sunday night I don’t know what is.

1 Like

Ooh Ronnie v Williams in the quarters. That should be sick. I can’t lose on that one. I’ll take either.

1 Like

Trolling of the very highest order.

1 Like