The Snooker Thread

It’s pretty mad that a 19 year old has ploughed through Neil Robertson and John Higgins. Good shit. As you say that one against Ding should be a belter.

1 Like

Nah missed that whole match. Turned it on as it finished. Maybe the BBC will have highlights

Oof here we go.

Ahh he never had a chance. Oh well.

Anyone but Stephen Maguire for me for the title now. He just seems like a sour prick.

1 Like

Have to love Mark Williams cutting about not giving a fuck the last couple of years. Career resurgence coupled with not taking himself too seriously has led to some seriously entertaining moments.

2 Likes

Exactly, he’s fun, snooker really needs him.

1 Like

Shame he’s gone instead of ballrun but I don’t think he takes it too seriously now.

The Robertson Maguire match was really good.

Not sure who I fancy for this. My random pick is Shaun Murphy because he’s up against gentleman Joe in the next round (who admittedly did play great against Ding).

Let’s face it they’re all pretty much as good as each other really.

Someone tip off the bookies.

1 Like

Lol! Then he sticks in a 140 just to make you look like a mug. :smiley:

1 Like

Make that 200+ unanswered points in about 10 minutes. He’s got his eye in now.

1 Like

That was a wild frame.

That yellow. I’m watching it on my phone. I’m seeing that cueball travel up and down near that yellow in tiny pixel form from an elevated camera 20 feet away from it and even I can see it never touched it. The referee knows it never touched it. John Higgins knows it never touched it. The crowd know it never touched it.

I cannot understand how the person looking gun barrel down at it only feet away can claim he hit it. The way he did it before the referee called the miss was really weird too. If I was John I would’ve given him a bit of shit about that when he was trying to escape from those snookers further into the frame.

So sketchy.

Suffice to say he’s getting dogs abuse on social media.

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=Ali%20carter&src=typed_query

I don’t agree with all the personal abuse and the guy has been through some real shit in life but i have to agree that I think it was straight up cheating.

Either that or maybe he was so embarrassed at how poor that shot was his brain made him see the shot he’d played in his mind and he just tripped out or something?! Mad.

In snooker terms it wasn’t even that close!

I’ve seen players call fouls on themselves hundreds of times but I’ve never seen it this way round before ever.

Here it is. In real time I thought he said he hit it before she called it a foul.

Look at the way he scampers to his seat. He looks like he’s done a shit on the floor and is trying to get away before anyone can pin the blame on him. We all saw you do the shit Ali. You’re in the middle of a big fuck off arena you tit.

https://youtu.be/kpw0EUyLyPM

2 Likes

Do we post pool in here or was there another thread?

Since Les posted about Jordan Shepherd I have been watching these.
This one is ace.

1 Like

Semis up. Haven’t watched it yet

loving these

Imagine playing him winner stays on. You’d have to empty your bank account.

Final is up

Just finished watching it. Christ on a bike that was unreal.

Spoilers:
Connection went for a few seconds on the last game so when dude was running round at the end I thought “Yes Jordan” then camera changed angle and it was Simon! Damn, stoked for him though, he looked in shock for such a sweaty miserable looking bastard, end was insane, props.

That was insane. Love Simon’s composure, both amazing players.Seriously entertaining match.

I suppose it is a bit like mixing up megaramp and vert

1 Like